stroytime: another person stole my fic

me because i'm sick and tired of this happening to me all the time

HEY BITCHES, ITS ME, NAT. it's been a while<3

so usually i don't post about this but i figured i should because i am getting REAL TIRED seeing this happen to me again and again. but SURPRISE! another person has copied starting line!!

before i get any farther, i KNOW starting line is popular, and i know people are going to take inspiration from my plots, from my writing, my layout, my casting, etc. BUT when i get dms from people sending me this story which I ALREADY SAW ON MY TIKTOK (because they make edits like i do) & then i go to look at the story and within the first chapter see MY OWN WRITING COPY AND PASTED INTO YOUR STORY??? oh nah.

i did not feel the need to provide too many examples so i'll only show you one from towards the end of the chapter

I didn't even bother going through the rest of their story because they already have OVER FOURTY CHAPTERS POSTED

I didn't even bother going through the rest of their story because they already have OVER FOURTY CHAPTERS POSTED. which is alarming cause that's going into season 4 and that's a LOT of my story to have stolen and claimed to be their own. they also used zoey deutch as their faceclaim, which really doesnt bother me considering zoey is one of the most popular teen wolf face claims, but it's just the cherry on top.

now; i will add from what i DID see, their storyline is different!! i think their story is taking a more...tvd route? or something? im not sure because i am too annoyed to figure out what the fuck they're doing. but regardless of what their plot is, they're still legitimately COPY AND PASTING MY WRITING INTO THEIR STORY AND USING IT AS THEIR OWN. and that's writing from when i was 16 years old ITS NOT EVEN GOOD. like at least use one of my other fics where i actually had a brain cell.

i don't want to outwardly say this persons name because a) their book only has 4K reads, b) they have TEN followers on this app, and i obviously have a much bigger platform than them. plus they may also be a child and im 20 fucking years old and i don't need to bully a 12 year old on the internet, despite how fucking weird and annoying they've been for stealing my stuff.

they're also not the only who've done this. there was someone under the #kennedyhale on tiktok who was making their own kennedy hale oc with zoey deutch as the face claim (which was very obvious because...the hashtag is all my stuff) but they haven't posted about that character since october so i assume they stopped.

but this person is actively using my words and my writing for their story. and that rubs me the wrong way. like morally i could never see myself copying someone's fic they've been writing for FOUR YEARS and claiming their stuff as my own.

i also don't want yall to think im like "you shouldn't write stiles fics with a hale oc with zoey deutch as the faceclaim" cause i don't care about that. i know my story is not the most original but i also wrote it without reading ANY teen wolf fics, i wrote it when i was 16, and it's something ive been writing for FOUR YEARS. kennedy is my BABY, and it's so fucking infuriating when someone is taking my shit, ya know? 

for me, it's just insulting. like y'all are creative. y'all are capable of writing, and i know this person CAN cause they did write chunks of their own story!! but don't steal chunks of mine because you're too lazy to use your creative juices.

anyways, if you're reading this, girly who stole my fic (and i know you are cause you're following me and my story is in your reading lists), it'd be dope if you could simply...not do that. you're a writer and so you know how insulting and hurtful it can be to have someone do this to you, and it's just sad you decided to do it to me. i don't know if you figured you wouldn't get caught cause I've openly said i don't read fics, or because i'm not on wattpad much recently, or that my readers wouldn't catch on, but it's just disrespectful and i can't imagine in any world it being okay.

for those of you that have followed me since 2020, you know how much work I've put into this story. from the writing, to asking y'all for input, to the editing, etc, i have put four years of my life into this story, and i will never just blatantly accept someone stealing my works. 

anyways, this is a good time to make an announcement that i AM starting a fresh rewrite and update of starting line!! i will be starting with the first two seasons because honestly i am generally okay with seasons 4-6. if i rewrite season three, i swear it'll be more fun, but until i decide for sure i'm only promising seasons one and two. it'll be more dramatic, more wordy, more intense, and i'm fixing a lot of plot holes that i'm VERY EXCITED to deal with. so yeah:). i also am going to get back to writing season 6 but man it's HARD LMAOOO. me and the ghost riders are beefing rn.

if yall know what fic i'm referencing to in this, cool. if you don't, cool. i don't know what to do here cause i want to be responsible and respectful but we also know that i am a mama bear when it comes to my oc's and i will protect them with my life. so therefore i'm not going to link this person's fic here. but i hope they see this and are shitting their pants cause they got caught. 

I'll talk to you all very soon. TOODLES!!