seventy-one: the last chimera

chapter seventy-one❝ be my mirror, my sword and shield ❞the last chimera

chapter seventy-one
be my mirror, my sword and shield
the last chimera

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Dear Diary,

Bruce Lee once said, "The truth I have been seeking, the truth is Death. Yet Death is also a seeker. Forever seeking me. So, we have met at last. And I am prepared. I am at peace."

I don't know much about Bruce Lee, but I know a lot about death. And I know Death has been waiting for me since the day I was born. It waits for everyone. Everyone has a specific path and a specific timer. When their timer runs out, Death comes knocking.

I guess I always knew I'd die in some strange way. When I was a kid, I always assumed I'd be killed by hunters. Left for dead like so many members of my family. Like Talia, or Ben's wife, Amanda.

Or maybe I'd taken away in a tornado like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. My heart taken to a land where the impossible is the norm, and forever I'd go on a trip down the yellow brick road. Sometimes I still wish it would happen. The clouds would take me in its grasp like a hug and stow me away to a world filled with beauty and strange things all at once. Or maybe I'd fall down a rabbit hole and enter Wonderland. Often times I wonder if I had done that as a child after all, considering the things I can do and the people I met.

But none of these things happened. As Death stood on the side of the road, I was murdered by Theo Raeken. A Chimera who was chosen because he was True Evil. He was never shaped into the person he was. He was already evil when the Dread Doctors found him. He was just a tool, the perfect tool. So, Death came knocking on my door, waiting for me to answer. I stood on the other side of the red wood, staring at the handle when I knew one thing, and one thing only.

My timer wasn't out yet.

Kennedy Hale's eyes sprung open. She sat up straight, breathing heavily. Stiles Stilinski, Mason Hewitt, and Melissa McCall all jumped back at the sudden movement. Kennedy looked around. The sky was now a ceiling. The asphalt was now a mattress. The girl looked around as she realized exactly where she was. The hospital.

Stiles stepped closer, "Ken, hey," He whispered as he grabbed Kennedy's hand. His chocolate brown eyes met his girlfriend's hazel ones. His voice was soft, calm, but shaky when he spoke. After all, he just had his father get attacked and his girlfriend die in his arms. "We just sent Malia home, but she'll be excited to see you."

Kennedy looked over. Her mind couldn't get past the last moments she remembered. Theo Raeken had killed her. And Stiles found her. She remembered staring up at him as she took her last breath. "I died." That was all she could say.