thirty-four: the overlooked

chapter thirty-four❝ we were always a losing game ❞the overlooked

chapter thirty-four
we were always a losing game
the overlooked

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Derek carried Kennedy to his bed, watching as she coughed up more blood. "Jennifer did this?" Derek inquired.

Stiles shook his head, "Yeah, your girlfriend who turned out to be a crazy killer, again!" He said, his mind feeling like it was exploding. His dad was missing, Kennedy was dying. He couldn't lose them both.

"Is there anything you can do?" Scott asked Derek. He was trying to be the sane one, but Scott was just as torn up as Stiles. Kennedy was his best friend, the first girl he ever fell for, and she was dying because of him. If Scott hadn't gotten her into the werewolf drama, they would've never been here.

Derek looked over the girl, "There is something," He says. "But it's going to hurt her. A lot." Derek stood up, walking up the stairs.

Kennedy coughed, causing Stiles to kneel down in alarm. Kennedy looked over, "Stiles?" She whispered. The boy intwined his fingers in hers. Tears rolled down her cheeks, "Am I gonna die?" She asked.

"No, no you're not." Stiles whispered, wiping her face. Kennedy's eyes were puffy and red from crying, and her face looked almost dirty from the black blood. She looked weak, and tired. "We're going to save you, okay? You're going to be okay."

Kennedy sniffled as Scott sat at the foot of the bed. "Remember when I said I am definitely cancelling this friendship, I am so over alphas and werewolves." She smiled sadly as she took her free hand to connect with Scott, "I didn't mean it." She looks down in thought, her face crumbling. "I didn't mean to mess everything up,"

Scott shakes his head, "Don't say that, you didn't do anything," He tells his friend. "You saved Lydia's life."

Kennedy cried as she shook her head. "No, no I didn't." She whispered. "Sheriff did." Stiles looked down as Kennedy gasped in pain. "You have to find your dad," She whispered, remembering he was missing. You- you have to find him."

"Not until you're safe," Stiles says, his hand on her face. "I cant lose you, Kennedy."

Derek came rushing back in, holding a strange contraption. "What is that?" Scott asked. Kennedy's eyes slowly dropped, her body tired.

"Wolfsbane, and something Sloane mixed up," Derek said, "Sloane said her aunt was injected with mountain ash once, and they developed a cure for it." He sits in front of Kennedy, "Stiles, you're going to want to step back."