twenty: raving

chapter twenty❝ in my mind we're somewhere in my car ❞raving

chapter twenty
in my mind we're somewhere in my car
raving

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Stiles and Kennedy sat in the Jeep on their way to the Sheriffs office. "I can't believe you and Lydia have been friends for for eleven years." Stiles said.

"What can I say? Lydia and I are soulmates." Kennedy hummed, leaning back with a sigh. She wore a pair of jeans and a white tank, along with one of Stiles's many flannels.

Stiles chuckled. "Soulmates, you believe in that crap?" He said as he drove.

Kennedy looked over, her hair up in a bun. "Don't you?" She asked. Stiles shook his head, smiling. Kennedy looks back at the road. "I think we have a lot of soulmates. Different ones that teach us different things. Lydia's my companion soulmate. It's like she was destined to be in my life so we can give each other love and encouragement. We're like, made to be best friends." She turned to look at Stiles as she grinned. "I think Scott and I are soul partners." Stiles glanced at her in confusion. She laughed, "Not romantically." She teased. Kennedy shrugged, "Soul partners can be friends, family, a co worker. I think Scott will always be my partner in crime. Wherever he goes, I'm sure I won't be too far behind."

Stiles shrugged, looking at his hands as he drove. Slowly pulling over, Stiles brought the Jeep to a stop. Kennedy frowned in confusion. He turned to look at her. "What about me?" He asked with a teasing smile.

"Shouldn't you be driving?"

"I can't drive and look at you at the same time." Stiles added with a shrug. Kennedy laughed, "So, what about me?"

Kennedy looked up at Stiles. His brown eyes. The birthmark on the left side of his face, that was her right. She looked at every feature of the teenage boy she had known for six years. Kennedy smiled softly, "I think you're my soulmate." She nodded slowly.

Stiles shrugged, "So Lydia gets companion soulmate, Scott gets soulmate partner, and I get nothing?" Kennedy just kept smiling at Stiles. "What!?" He asked, confused.

The Stallard girl shook her head slowly. "Just, know that you're special, Stiles."

Later, the two finally reach the Sheriff's. Noah Stilinski reached into a bag, groaning. "Oh, what the hell is this?"

"Veggie burger." Answered Stiles, him and Kennedy sitting next to each other.

Noah frowned. "Stiles, I asked for a hamburger." He informed.

"Well, veggie is healthier. We're being healthy." Stiles explained, gesturing to his salad that Kennedy was eating from.

"Oh, hell, why are you trying to ruin my life?"

Stiles shook his head. "I'm trying to extend your life, okay? Could you just eat it, please? And tell me what you found." Kennedy smiled as she looked over at the Sheriff. She looked at the pages all over the board behind Noah.