eighty-six: ghosted

chapter eighty-fiveradio silence

chapter eighty-five
radio silence

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

"Mom, just do what he says. He promised he wouldn't hurt you." A young Scott McCall said. He was in the sheriffs station. The one controlling the kanima, the one stalking Kennedy, was in front of him.

Matt Daehler shrugs, "He's right."

Suddenly, Matt lowers the gun, firing into Scott's side. Kennedy and Melissa scream, and Kennedy looks at Matt. Her eyes flash gold, and before she can even react Matt fires a bullet into Kennedy. She shouts in pain, falling next to Scott. Kennedy gasps as she looks down. He had shot her after she went to defend Scott. She hisses in pain, her body screaming at her.

"Scott! Stiles! What happened?" Noah yells.

Ben Stallard, arrested for illegally adopting Kennedy, a man who hated monsters, pulls on the bars of his cell "Kennedy!" He shouted. He couldn't help it. Part of him still feared for the little girl he raised. Even if she was a monster.

Matt raises a brow, "But I didn't say I wouldn't hurt you." He says slowly.

Melissa steps forward. "Wait, baby," Matt screams at her to get back, and Scott pleads for her to listen.

"I said get back!

"Mom, do it. Please, mom." Scott pleads. Scott and Kennedy groan in pain, their bodies trying to heal.

"Get up, McCall."

Sheriff calls out, "Matt? Matt, listen to me-"

Matt clenched his eyes shut. "Shut up! Everybody shut the hell up! Now, get up, or I shoot her next!" Melissa looks up at Matt as Scott pulls himself off the floor, helping Kennedy.

"Please, he needs to see a doctor." Melissa pleads as Matt pushes her into the jail cell with Ben. "They both do."

Matt hums, "You think so?"

"Hey, hey, you listen to me!" Noah yells.

"It's all right. We're okay." Scott says to his mom.

Melissa shakes her head. "No, honey, you're not okay."

Scott leans against the wall, Kennedy gripping her side. "It doesn't hurt, Mom." He told her softly. Kennedy held the wound, her hand covered in blood. She could smell it.