thirty-two; visionary

authors note: i did some math for the paige & derek flashbacks; & it was like a year or two before the hale fires, aka it was around 2003. so peter would have been way older (i don't know why they had a young peter at all), so kennedy in the flashbacks is around eight-nine years old. if there's scenes with her & peter, just pretend it's not young him cause there's no reason he needed to be young when he's like 12 years older than derek. enjoy!

chapter thirty-two❝ first things first, we start the scene in reverse ❞visionary

chapter thirty-two
first things first, we start the scene in reverse
visionary

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Stiles stood in the Hale loft, listening to a story Cora told him about Derek and Peter being chased by hunters. He waited for Peter to get Kennedy, as he wasn't allowed to the girls room.

Peter opened the door, seeing his daughter looking at her own reflection. Cora had taken over Isaac's room, but it didn't make her feel better. She felt alone. She wanted to be with Lydia, or Scott, or Stiles. "Bunny?" Peter's voice was oddly calm in comparison to his usual tone. Kennedy looked up, giving him a closed mouth smile. "Your boyfriend is here." He said, scrunching his nose at the word boyfriend. Kennedy sniffed, standing up.

"Thanks, Dad," She said softly as she walks by. Peter softly placed a hand on her shoulder, causing her to look back.

The elder Hale looked at the floor as he tried to figure out what to say. "You know I'm proud of you, right?" He asked her. "And that as strong as us Hale's are, if you ever need to be not strong, I'm here." His eyes searched his daughters, and he saw her smile.

Kennedy stepped forwards, hugging him tightly. "I know, Dad," Peter tensed up at the action, but slowly reciprocated the motion. "Just promise you won't eat Stiles today."

Peter held up his hands, "I didn't even have the thought until now," He half-joked. Kennedy rolled her eyes, following her dad out of her room and down rhe stairs.

"He wasn't like this when we knew him." Cora said sadly, talking about Derek.

"What was he like?"

Peter came down the stairs, "A lot like Scott, actually. A lot like most teenagers; unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers." Kennedy smiled at Stiles as she hopped down the last few steps.

Stiles held out his arm, letting his girlfriend wrap herself around him. "And so what happened? What changed him?"

"Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men," Peter shrugs at the Stilinski. "A girl."