seventy-four: the sword and the spirit

chapter seventy-four❝ someone who loves you wouldn't do this ❞the sword and the spirit 

someone who loves you wouldn't do this
the sword and the spirit 

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

"I promise I'm fine," Kennedy said into her phone as she walked down the stairs of the Hale penthouse. "Chris said he'd be gone for a few days, it hasn't been a few days, yet."

Stiles was on the other end of the line, in his own bedroom. "Well, I can still come over. Though I'd prefer if you were here, I don't like your dad's place," He said honestly, fiddling with his fingers.

Kennedy sighed, opening up the fridge. "Stiles, I promise I'll be fine. Besides, my mom might stop by and I don't want her meeting you half-naked in my bed." The auburn hair girl deadpanned as she grabbed an apple, biting into it as she closed the fridge with her hip. "I'll call you in the morning, alright? Love you,"

"Love you too, bye," Stiles hummed before hanging up.

Silence settled in the house, but for once it was a silence Kennedy could tolerate. She walked through, barefoot, using her phone to play music through the penthouses sound system. Kennedy knew there were things to worry about in the morning. Like making sure Sloane and Malia were alright with the Desert Wolf, her and Stiles were going to try and see Lydia, and then Liam and Scott are figuring out the entire Deucalion situation. Whatever that meant.

Kennedy had asked Sloane if she knew anything about it, surprisingly enough, Sloane was clueless. It almost seemed like there had been a rift in Sloane and Theo's dynamics. It was like they weren't on the same side anymore.

The doorbell caused Kennedy to pause her music. Half-eaten apple in hand, the girl walked up to the door and pulled it open. Usually, she would've smiled to see Chris, but it was nearly impossible when she saw Gerard to his side. Her eyes flickered blue and she let out a low growl.

"He's with me, Kennedy," Chris said lowly. "Can we come in?"

Kennedy looked at Chris in disbelief. "Sorry, this is the guy that tried to kill me, my best friend, my ex-boyfriend, my other friends, and my cousin. And you want me to invite him into my home?" She craned her neck in disbelief.

Chris sighed, "He knows things. About the Dread Doctors." Kennedy tensed up, looking over at Gerard. She looked him up and down in distaste.

The door opened completely, and Kennedy walked away. The Argent men walked in. "You gave him yellow wolfsbane?" She asked as she walked towards her living room. Chris shut the door behind him, looking over.

"You knew the cure?" Gerard asked in curiosity.

"Of course I did. Derek taught me about it." Kennedy deadpanned. The girl turned on her heel expectantly, crossing her arms over her chest. "Now what do you two want?"