OLD & NEW READERS ; PLEASE READ

sup bitches, it's me, your hot mess of a bestie, nat😎

you're probably like, "nat...you already torture me with your multiverse, your plot changes for season 6 & the movie, your entire kiles vs scennedy issues, WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM ME??"

well, my sweet little daffodils, you're here to give me your criticism (but nicely im sensitive).

as we know, season 1-2 of starting line was written at the same time. like...was written in roughly a few months. season 2 took longer but STILL...i wrote it over 2 years ago, it was my first teen wolf fic that made it past chapter 2, & i had SO MANY ideas for it that got lost & forgotten or changed along the way. like...KISAAC WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN??? & there's so much of bens storyline that i didn't write at the time because i wasn't as good at writing off-screen scenes. and idk i just feel like there's so much that could be better.

if you've read maps the first time it was on my page, you know how it was WAY better than starting line. it explored lydia & jackson & kennedy more, it explored ben & the argents more, it explored scott & allison & kennedy in a more realistic way, etc. so...i'm thinking of taking a LOT of maps and bringing it into starting line, and even making it better.

• scott's feelings for kennedy not suddenly going away after .2 seconds

• the actual story of lydia , jackson , & kennedy cause y'all think it's something it's not tbh...it's not great still BUT it's not like...as black & white as y'all think
- with this , im gonna make lydia & kennedy's redeeming friendship take moreso the entire course of season 1, and im gonna probably add more of kennedy's trust issues from jackson & her breakup grief cause they were only broken up for a few months & i really enjoyed writing them in maps (iykyk)

• ben IS A VILLAIN!! HE WAS WORKING WITH THE ARGENTS IN S1 EVERY TIME HE WASNT AROUND!!! so i'm gonna go back & add in more obvious details to that & maybe write some scenes in eventually where ben's talking with them or something i don't know.
- i also wanna include more about amanda stallard and how he told kennedy things happened with her vs what actually happened (which is the source of his hate for werewolves).
- also gonna include that more people knew kennedy wasn't ben's & fix that storyline. maybe i'll make it a LEGAL adoption storyline & we can change that plot season 2!! i might bulk edit season 1-2 at the same time if i don't send ben to prison. but i really wanna send him to prison...so idk. but noah stilinksi & rafael mccall DEF should've known she wasn't his kid so i'll fix that.

• with ben, i wanna include scott & kennedy exploring bens address book with phone numbers from the hales , the argents , sloane valet , etc. i don't know how i'm gonna do it but i think it'd be interesting regardless.

• i'm gonna put kennedy's sweet 16th birthday as a prologue chapter BUT then it's going to cut to one week later where it leads up to stiles coming to her house the night scott is bit (or something idk).

• MAYBE make kiles development better. i think they're development is pretty great, in my opinion. he's been secretly pining over her but ignores his feelings so scott can get the girl, only to sleep with her because of a deal from middle school, & then you see them both deal with that intimacy & feelings around it.

• MORE SEER DEVELOPMENT!! maybe she gets visions as early as season 1 but doesn't think anything of it, & i'll include some season 2.

• more mean girl kennedy tbh , she deserves to shine season 1.

& ... i think that's it!! i just wanted to share my ideas with you guys, see what you think. i don't think these things would change season 3 onwards TOO MUCH , but im gonna edit those too (might get rid of kisaac entirely I DONT KNOW) eventually. let me know if you have more things you want to see. i'd love to do the web series "searching for a cure" as a chapter but it would mess up the 100 chapters for 100 episodes goal tbh.

but regardless of that, i hope you guys are having a great day/night. i love you all so so much & thank you for reading this story & loving kennedy as much as i do. talk to you all very soon.

TOODLES!!

1/18/2023 UPDATE

i decided instead of making another chapter im gonna just update this as i go.

BUT BASICALLY, i'm thinking of almost just rewriting starting line season 1-2 entirely instead of just editing it!! i'm sure i'll still use scenes from starting line & maps (an alternate version of the story which is possibly unpublished idk), but i want to redo parts of it & just make it better.

and then after seasons 1-2 i'll start working on season 3. then the rest is up in the air cause i feel like by the time seasons 4-5 were being written my plots were PRETTY solidified. so yeah.

i don't know what i'll do with rewritten chapters?? if i'll just delete them & upload new ones, orrr just delete the text & paste the new text so i still have the reads from the old ones & the comments. but i HATE when my comments aren't like associated to the paragraphs & stuff, but i'd hate to lose almost 3 years worth of people talking (i have some pretty slay conversations in there!!)

so let me know what i should do about THATTT, but yeah idk i'll see what i do!! i hope y'all have a great day & i'll come back to update this again soon!

toodles!!!