sixty-seven: strange frequencies

chapter sixty-seven❝ i want to hold you high and steal your pain away❞strange frequencies

chapter sixty-seven
i want to hold you high and steal your pain away
strange frequencies

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

"Because I never said anything about Donovan."

Theo Raeken's words seemed to run through Kennedy's mind, over and over again. Stiles's expression faltered as he slowly moved Kennedy behind him. "What are you talking about?" He said, but his voice failed. Stiles's mind was racing, but the one thought that seemed to trump over the others was how he needed to protect Kennedy.

"I know what happened to Donovan," Theo said cooly. Kennedy felt her chest become heavy as she watched Theo's eyes land on her. "I know everything,"

Suddenly, Stiles stormed forwards, grabbing Theo's collar. Kennedy's eyes widened in surprise as her boyfriend shoved Theo into the metal cage. "You don't know anything." He hissed. Kennedy didn't expect Stiles to do something like this.

"Stiles," Kennedy said with worry, stepping forwards.

Theo snarled, whipping Stiles around and shoving him into the fence. "I was there. I was at the library." He snapped. Kennedy came walking closer, standing in between them. "Malia found the book. She was texting us to see where you two were. She said she left you at the library. I told her I was close." Kennedy looked over at Stiles, feeling sick to her stomach. "When I got there, I heard the scaffolding come down."

Stiles shoved him back. "Then you know what happened." He snapped.

Kennedy looked at Theo as he spoke. "I know your girlfriend tore him apart. Ripped him to shreds."

"She didn't do anything!" Stiles shouted. His volume caused Kennedy to flinch. He wrapped an arm around Kennedy's torso, shoving the girl's body behind him. "It was me! He was going to kill her, and I pulled the pin, and the scaffolding tore him up."

Theo scoffed, "You know that's not true," He muttered. Kennedy crossed her arms, looking at Theo.

"Did you see him?" She asked quietly. Theo looked over at her, but Stiles simply moved in front of her again. It was as if she was a fragile art piece and Stiles was willing to protect her from the slightest possibility of harm.

"Just the body," Theo replied. "I watched you come out. I was gonna say something, but then I saw the cop car. And the body was gone. I don't know who took him. I only saw what you saw, and I didn't say anything because you didn't." Sirens wailing in the distance caused the three teens to look back. "That's not an ambulance, is it?"

Kennedy shrugged, "No," She said simply.

"We should get out of here," Theo told them.

Stiles looked over, looking at the body of the Chimera. "We can't just leave him."

Theo shrugged, "Fine. All right, let's take him."

Kennedy shook her head, "I've done a lot of things, but not harbor a body," She countered.