Chapter 32

We separate from the kiss, but he wraps an arm around me staking his claim. Men and their need to show others that their women is taken, but women do the same thing. We just tend to be more subtle then our male counterparts. Another fact that separates our species.  

Dimitri, Ryder and I fall into easy conversation. I try to shake the thoughts of him kissing Madison and enjoy my evening, but my mind continues to wonder in that direction. The need to ask him about the kiss starts to consume my thoughts. Was he the one to initiate it? Did he enjoy it? Does he think about kissing her again? Did all they do was kiss?

"You okay?" Dimitri whispers in my ear full of concern. 

Should I lie to him? I don't want to come across as another crazy female, but we promised to never lie to one another. I decide the best decision would be to tell the truth. "No, but I will be after we talk." 

His eyes tell me he knows exactly what I want to talk about. They take on a sadness and disgust. Was he disgusted with me or himself. "Okay. Once we leave here we can talk."

"Till then come dance with me," I demand dragging him to the small dance floor near the balcony.

He twirls me in his arms before pulling me in close to his chest. We start to dance to the music and all I can focus on his the feeling of his body against my own. I wrap my arms around his neck and rock my hips back and forth to the tempo in the music. 

A handful of songs play and we continue to dance and take pleasure in each others company. I feel a tap on my shoulder and glace behind to discover a slightly drunk Aubree.

"Dimitri beat it! Now it's my turn to dance with Skylar." At least that is what I thought she said through her slurred words. What in the world happened for Aubree to let loose like this? 

When I turn to face her I catch Ryder out of the corner of my eye and discover he isn't alone. He has a female hanging on his arm and by the heat she is throwing his way she is hoping to get into his bed. Hence the drunken Aubree in front of me. 

I'm going to help them figure out whatever this is between them. I know how it feels to see the person you love being involved with other people. Though Aubree has it worse then I did. She has to see this in person I only had to hear about it though the phone. Other than pictured, which still hurt my heart, I never had to actually see Dimitri with other women. Granted my imagination had not issues on filling my head.

I wrap my arm around Aubree and start to dance with her. Dimitri sensing Aubree need me squeezes me and kisses the back of my head before leaving the dance floor. My eyes follow his trail and my body relaxes when I see him striking up a conversation with a group of guys. 

Only a few songs play before I catch movement behind Aubree and notice a arm sneak around her hips. I watch helplessly as she grinds against the stranger behind her. This is nothing like the Aubree I thought I knew. I watch her face checking to see if she needs me to step in and get rid out the uninvited guess. She has a slight smile and shows no worry. So I shrug my shoulders and continue to dance. 

My body freezes when unfamiliar arms warp around me and tug my against a chest. I can feel his erection pushing against my butt and am suddenly filled with the need to take a shower. Only Dimitri is allowed to touch me like this. His arms loosen enough that I'm able to turn in his arms and put some space between us.

"Baby what's wrong," the man asks tugging me closer to him and touching his nose to my neck. My stomach rolls at his touch and I fear I'm going to vomit. 

"I don't want to dance with you," I tell him pushing against his chest trying to get myself free. My eyes frantically searching for someone I know, but coming up empty. Where are the guys? Where is Dimitri?