Chapter 41

The guys open to a screaming crowd and I can't help, but stand from my seat. They really are something when they take the stage. I sense a presence behind me and am happy to discover Aubree there.

"Thought you could use some company and with all your help from earlier for once I'm able to watch." Aubree states taking a seat studying me. "I was wrong about you."

She takes my off guard for a second. I thought we were really bounding and building a friendship. Did I read the room wrong? Aubree must notice my confusion because she quickly continues. "What I mean is I thought you were only good for Dimitri, but over these past few days I realize you are good for all of us. You were the missing piece." 

"That's a lot of pressure to live up to. I just hope I don't disappoint everyone when I don't," I say honestly. Not sure I want all that pressure. I just want to be with Dimitri and its only been a few days since I've been welcomed into this family. How can I be the missing piece? Sure we are getting close, but there is still so much we don't know about each other. 

We haven't even been confined to the bus yet. Maybe once they spend a few days in close quarters they will be singing a different tune. Right now I feel like the shinny new toy and sooner or later the newness will wear off. What then?  

Eventually the guys will find someone they want to settle down with and that person can step in to the role for them like I have for Dimitri. Who knows how long that will be and I guess for now I can try my best to fill that role for them and once they meet someone I can step down. All I can do is try. They just need to not have this imaginary image of me or unattainable expectations.

What are they going to do when I go back to teaching in the fall? I could always talk to Aubree about becoming her assistant or work on that book that has been mulling around in my head. There I go again thinking about changing my entire life for Dimitri. Have I learned nothing from the past? Sure we are in a great place now, but who knows what can happen before this tour is over. It has only been a few days since this journey started and I need to slow my thoughts.    

An intense vibration starts causing me to shift my attention from my thoughts to the stage and tightly grip the table. I catch Dimitri's eyes and he winks at me. My legs start to give out and I'm forced to sit.

Aubree rests her hand on mine, "are you okay? Your face is a little flush and some of the guys told me there were times you would lose your thought or stumble for no reason. If you need to see a doctor you need to let me know. With being on the rode it can be a little tricky."

"I'm fine," I squeak because in that moment he decided to spike the vibration. Aubree squeezes me silently telling me she's not so sure. I take a deep breath and try to not focus on the things Dimitri is doing to my body all the way from the stage. "I promise I'm all good and I will tell you if I'm ever feeling unwell."

"You better. I can't have my bestie getting sick on me."

"So I'm your best friend now too?" I ask laughing thinking of Tray. 

"I would like to think so, but from your laughter I'm not so sure now." She bites her lip in worry and turns her attention to the stage.

"Aubree the only reason I laugh is because during our talk Tray declared the same thing. And I've always been Dimitri's best friend." She smiles. The vibration stops for a second and we lapse into silence watching the guys. 

Right as I'm about to speak Dimitri hits the remote on full blast causing my clit and inner walls to be shot with strong vibrations. I cross my legs, bite my lip and slam my hand onto the table. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" Aubree asks once again. Thankfully the ringing of her phone draws her attention away.  She stands from the table and finds a corner to take the call.