Chapter 13

Why can't I stop pacing and checking my appearance in the mirror? I pass the floor length mirror in my room again and once again I stop. Nothing has changed in the five minutes I last checked. The black dress is all lace and see though except from the waist down, which barely coves my ass, and where my breasts are. There is an extremely deep v that ends just above my belly button . I had to position my chest just right or I would be giving everyone a show. The back of the dress mirrors the front. I have never worn something so revealing before and am praying I don't run into any of my students or co-workers. Don't even what to thinking about the conversation that would take part.

I decided on applying the lightest amount of make. No need to resemble the women who cake on their make up. Also helps I know how much Dimitri apricates the natural look. As for my hair I decided on a side messy bun with some loose strands of hair. The concert it outside and with the weather being unusually warm I wanted my thick brown hair up as much as possible.Once I put my heals on my outfit will be complete.

I walk away from the mirror to make sure my overnight bag has everything I need for the next few days. Dimitri texted me and told me to give my bag to the driver and he would make sure to get it to his hotel room. Since I wasn't sure what to pack I was bringing a little bit of everything I could think I might need. He was being very closed lipped about what we would be doing. For good measure I check my purse as well and of course everything is there including a pair of flats I can change into when my feet start to hurt.

With nothing else to do I start my pacing and shake my hands trying to displace some of this nervous energy I am feeling. Interestingly this will be the first time I see Steal Wolf in concert. When he would ask me to concerts I would lie and say I was too busy to get away. Looking back now I was only trying to protect my heart. Hopefully this time will be different. No I know this time will be different because we are different.

I hear voices outside and check the window to discover Alex, Travis and Vanessa on my sidewalk. The only one missing is Keith. Earlier he said he was going, but he could have always changed his mind between then and now. I take a deep breath to steady myself before I grab my shoes, bag and purse. Pausing a moment before I leave my bedroom because this strange feeling comes over me that nothing is going to be the same. Which is true. I just hope life changes for the better. No use dwelling on what I can't control I head down stairs.

Before I leave the house I slip on my high heals and yell bye to my parents. As soon as I walk out the door and head towards my friends I'm met with three pairs of shocked eyes.

"Damn!" Alex exclaims. "You look hot!"

A blush creeps across my face at her statement. "Thanks." I mutter not sure what else to say and set my bag down.

"When is the limo suppose to get here?" Vanessa asks offering me a wink. I could kiss her for changing the topic she knows how uncomfortable I can get when people talk about my appearance.

"Dimitri said it would be here at four."

"My head is still killing me. I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through an entire concert." Alex complains. "I've been popping pain killers all day trying to make the pounding stop."

"Be grateful the limo is coming at four. Dimitri wanted to send it earlier."

"Wonder why?" Vanessa asks with a knowing twinkle in her eyes. My response is to shake my head.

Travis glances up from his phone, "Keith said he is almost here." Travis states in shock. "Didn't think he was coming with us."

"I asked him if he wanted to go awhile ago." I explain.

"Makes sense. But now I'm confused on why he is still coming."

"He came by earlier to apologize for his behavior last night and we agreed to be friends."