Chapter 40

Tray and I separate to be met with a stony faced Dimitri. His blue eyes flickering back and forth between us. He's still upset from the comments Tray had made earlier.

"Hey Dimitri didn't know you were standing there." Tray gets a gleam in his eyes that advices me he's about to cause trouble. He curves an arm around my shoulders and tucks me into his side. Dimitri's eyes become slits at the motion. "Figure you should be the first to know."

"Know what," Dimitri asks solemnly widening his stance and crossing his arms.

"Skylar just became my first official girlfriend!" Tray says joyfully glancing down at me. Dimitri's entire demeanor changes to one of disapproving and malicious. Please let there be no bloodshed. 

"Explain," he demands coldly.

Tray removes his arm from my shoulder. "Well for one she's a girl," he says holding one hand in front of him to the side, "and two she's my friend." He does the same with his second hand as he did the first. "Put it all together and what do you get." When neither one of us answers him he says, "girlfriend. You get girlfriend." He shakes his head laughing and I roll my eyes. Dimitri appears like he wants to strangle Tray.       

I mosey on over to Dimitri not wanting any more issues before the concert. I'm suppose to be defusing situations not adding more to Aubree's plate. Once I reach his side I wrap my arm around him and kiss his cheek. His eyes soften when he looks down at me, but harden when he returns them to Tray.

"If you can joke you can go do your job. Get your ass on stage." Dimitri commands him opening the door and stepping off to the side. These two need to repair whatever the hell is wrong between the two of them. Yet another issue I'm going to have to help fix. Maybe after the concert we can do a cook out on the beach for dinner. Note to self bring the idea up to Aubree.  

"Yes sir," Tray says saluting Dimitri and leaving the room, but before he exits he drags me into a hug and whispers in my ear, "thank you."

Dimitri pulls me from Tray's arms and glowers at him. Tray exits, but his laugher can be heard drifting from down the walkway.

"All done?" I ask Dimitri. 

He shuts the door and I hear the lock click into place. "I only have a few minutes before I need to be back on stage to finish up. Appears you got Tray back on track. How'd you manage that?" He asks me crowding into my personal space.

My expression changes to one of seriousness, "this is where you are going to have to trust me."

He wraps his arms around me and we stand face to face. "What do you mean? Of course I trust you."

"Then you can't get mad or upset over what I'm about to say," I instruct Dimitri.

His lips thin and his blue eyes burn with rage, "he fucking kissed you!" Dimitri stops towards the door. "I'll fucking kill him."

His hand is on the knob when I yell, "stop. Nothing like that happened. He was a complete gentleman. By the way you act when your bandmates are around me I get the feeling that you guys uses to share women or something. And now that what we have is different you are so ready to jump them." His back stiffens at my observation. Hit that nail on the head. 

"Something like that," he admits without turning around.

I walk up behind him and place a hand on his back, "baby they know what we have is different. This this is real. They have been nothing but supportive of us." I shrug my shoulders, "sure they make jokes, but it all comes from love. You need to stop this jealously where they are involved. Other than with you I'm probably the safest with them."