Chapter 51

"Dimitri I can explain," I tell him lifting my hands out to my sides. I take a step closer to him and rest my hand on his shoulder. He shoves me off and storms away. My heart breaks in two and I'm instantly taken back in time to when he dumped me. 

"Are you fucking kidding me Skylar," he rages stomping towards me and shoving my phone in my face. "After everything," he shakes his head not finishing his thoughts. He takes a step back still gripping onto my phone. 

Lucan clears his throat, "maybe we should leave so you guys can talk."

"No stay. I have nothing more to say," he runs his hands though his hair and paces the room. 

"Dimitri please listen this is all just a misunderstanding," I pled needing to get him to listen to me, but right now all he is seeing is red. Not that I can blame him. If the situation was revered I would be pissed to, but I would like to think that I would at least hear him out. 

"The only misunderstanding was believing you actually cared about me," I can hear the brokenness in his voice and I hate that I hurt him even though it was completely on accident. If only he would just listen to me. "How long has this been going on?" He gives me no time to respond. "Know what I don't want to know. Its one thing to be betrayed by a girlfriend, but another to be betrayed by your best friend."

He can't be serious. I have never given him a reason to doubt my loyally to him. My heart continues to break and I find I have a hard time being able to draw in oxygen. All my new hopes and dreams are coming tumbling around me. If I could go back in time I would make sure I had deleted the text message and then told him about it later.   

"Dimitri I never betrayed you. Not once. Stop projecting your past decisions on me!" I yell at him clenching my fists at my side. I've never wanted to punch a wall before, but I did now.

He stalks within my personal space and I back up a step or two in fear because I don't know what this Dimitri is capable of. "What shit are you spewing now?"

"In the past I was never," my voice trembles as I speak so I take a deep breath to steady myself. "I was never the one to walk away."  My voice grows stronger with each word I speak. "You were always the one to walk away when things go too complicated for your perfect little world. When you had to actually work at the relationship." I walk closer to him and poke him in the chest. "I never cheated on you back then but I can't say the same for you."

With my last sentence I gain the attention of everyone in the room.

"What is she implying Dimitri?" Tray asks coming to stand near me offering me his strength. 

Dimitri stutters through his words, but never comes out with something coherent. So I jump in. "You never told them about the second time we tried dating did you?" I don't wait for him to respond. I turn my eyes on to the guys. "I told him I would wait for him during his deployment and these conversations went on for months. Then about a month before he was to be deployed he finally answered his phone only to tell me he met someone new and wanted to try a relationship with her. I was going to wait for him." 

I turn my eyes to him, "I was going to wait for you. So why the hell would I do anything to fuck this up. When this is all I've ever wanted. You have no idea how sorry I am for ever going out with Keith, but I was scared you would leave me high and dry like you did before. But even with all this anxiety hovering above my head I put my faith in you and let you back in again."

"Skylar I know what I see and what I see is a text from Keith talking about you guys going out when you get home. Were all those plans we made just a joke to you," his eyes narrow on me as though he has thought of something. He points his finger at me and I flinch. "I know what this is. This is your way of getting back at me for what I did to you. I bet your whole plan was to always go back to him. Now I get to be the fool and you two get to have a great laugh about it."