Dimitri's POV (Chapter 46 - 49)

"Baby," I call out softly and when she doesn't respond I kneel in front of her. "Skylar," I say her name this time brushing her hair from her face. Her tears continue to flow pulling at my heart. I hate seeing her so broken.

Aubree can be heard yelling at the others to get off the bus. I hadn't even realized they all followed me. The only one I remember hot on my heels was Tray. Guess I was wrong. My band brothers care for Skylar almost as much as I do and they've known her for a shorter amount of time. I can no longer hear Aubree so either she won or they did. I'm sure I'll discover the outcome soon.

When I finally break though her wall she launches herself at me. Which I was not at all expecting and we end up almost falling backwards, but by some luck I manage to keep us up right.

Skylar buries herself into the side of my neck and her tears soak me. I try to get her to face me, but she won't budge. "Baby you need to calm down," I plead. "and tell me what's wrong." I can't make things right for her if I don't know what caused the tears in the first place.

At her lack of response I turn my attention to Aubree. "What the fuck happened," I demand. Aubree shrugs her shoulders with a concerned expression. "This is the last time she is riding the bus with you." Needing to comfort her I wrap my arms around her and rock us back and forth.

What in the world could have happened in the time we got on the bus to now? Not like Madison could have said something to set her off. Her and Aubree were getting on so well I don't believe Aubree is the cause.

"Dimitri I swear I didn't do anything. We were taking a break when she got a phone call," Aubree confesses wringing her hands.

"Do you know who called her," I question kissing the top of Skylar's head. Her tears still freely spilling from her eyes.

Aubree meets my eyes with worry, "sorry I don't."

Tray pushes through when I don't seem to be getting anywhere with either one of the women. "What is going on with my bestest best friend? We can hear her all the way outside." For once I love Tray's need to find humor. Skylar's head lifts at the sound of Tray's voice. His face morphs in to unease. "Sky you know I love you and I'll be here to get you to laugh." He shakes his head. "But this is out of my element." Tray slowly back away from the room. "I'll be out here if you need me."

Tray spins on his heals and makes a dash the rest of the way out. Probably to inform the others what is happening on the bus and make his getaway.

Figuring Skylar isn't going to talk to me with other lurking I direct. "Aubree can you please shut the door and give us a minute." By the sour expression on Aubree's face and the fact she keep checking the watch I add, "Go ahead and tell the driers to get back on the road." If we are late to the next location we will also be dealing with a pissed off Aubree. One moody female at a time.

Aubree closes the door and I continue to hold her in my arms letting her cry herself out. I whisper what I hope are soothing words into her ears hoping to calm her.

My back starts to ache from sitting the floor for so long and the bed looks more comfortable than the floor so I pick Skylar up. Carefully I maneuver us unto the bed with my back against the bed frame and Skylar sprawled out across my chest.

After what felt like forever her sobs quite and her tears dry. She continues to grip onto my shirt tightly, but at least the tears have ceased.

"Can I get a glass of water," she croaks but I'm just happy she's no longer crying and is talking to me.

"Of course baby," I tell her kissing the top of her head. I slide of from beneath her and head to the door. "I will be right back."

I close the door and make my way to the kitchen feeling the rumble of the bus below my feet. A worried Aubree and Tray are sitting at the table not say much. Guess Aubree won the battles of will against the others. Tray stands when he sees me.