Chapter 44

My eye lids become heavy and the conversation around me turns into a low hum. The guys and my were the last ones around the fire and I was quickly losing the battle against sleep. Everyone else had all slowly trickled to their rooms to get some much needed sleep. My head slumps against Dimitri's shoulder and the darkness of sleep was pulling me in until I hear my name.

"All kidding aside Dimitri. You did will with Skylar." Tray declares. "She's been with us for less than a week and I can't imagine her not being here."

"She not only wiggled her way into your heart all those years ago, but also ours." Ryder inputs.

Dimitri brushes some hair out of my face and I freeze not wanting him to know I was awake. "She really is something. Madison left Aubree fucked earlier and Sky stepped in without a second thought."

"And did a way better job then Madison has ever done," Lucan recounts. "In fact I don't remember a concert ever running so smooth before."

"I've been trying to plant the seed of her taking over for Madison. It would be a win win. Aubree would get a great assistant which means our lives would be better." Dimitri says stroking up and down my arm.

"Not to mention your girlfriend would always be with you." Mason interjects poking fun at Dimitri.

"We also wouldn't have to say goodbye," Tray says full of emotion. All the guys add their agreement. "I just found my best girl," he pause, "friend."

"Yeah what did you guys talk about? I've never seen you leave a dressing room when you were like that so calmly. Skylar wouldn't tell me a thing. She kept saying it was your choice to share or not." Dimitri inquires. 

"She just gained major points with me. I thought for sure you would be the first person she ran and told." 

"Another reason she needs to replace Madison," Ryder inputs. "If we go to her with something it will stay there. Remember that assistant a few tours back?"

"You mean the one who kept selling everything to the tabloid?" Mason interjects.

"Yep that's the one."

Dimitri starts to chuckle, "then we started to feed her all those bullshit stories and she was made to look like a fool. Frank had to escort her from the bus."

"Come to think of it I don't think Aubree had ever had an assistant stay for the entire tour." Lucan reminds the guys. "And its not like we are all the hard to work with. I think she just keeps hiring the wrong people."

"What type of people can we expect her to hire when the job doesn't pay all that much?" Ryder jumps in defending Aubree. "Maybe we should figure out a way to up the paycheck and she will be able to hire someone with higher caliber." 

"Also Aubree isn't the easiest person to work with. We can officially rule out that she isn't the problem. There is only about a month left of the tour after that we can talk to Aubree." Lucan states.

Dimitri runs his finger through my hair. "I better get sleeping beauty into an actual bed. Did I ever tell you guys thank you for letting me bring her on to the bus? And for all the support."

"No need to thank us repeatedly." Ryder informs Dimitri.

"I disagree he should be saying thank you every day," Tray says. Then he yells, "ouch! What the fuck was that for Mason?" Then everyone yells at him to be quite and not wake me. If only they knew I was already awake.

"Just glad to have you back man," Lucan adds. "We were all getting worried about you for awhile there. You were slipping more and more down that dark path."