Chapter 6

"Please don't get your hopes up over what I'm about to say." He warns me. "I'm trying to work it that we get into Chicago Friday night and stay in the city for a few days. Well at lest I would stay for a few days."

"Really? How would you be able to do that?" I snuggle deeper into my bed. My excitement at the possibility of being able to spend some actual time with him chases away any sleepiness I might have been feeling.

"The crew would still leave Sunday afternoon and head to the next city. I would catch a plane Monday night so I can be in Sandusky before the concert on Wednesday."

"That would be wonderful! Like I said before school will be out for the summer so I won't have to juggle work and seeing you."

"I remember hence why I'm trying to make this happen." I could hear the smile in his voice. "Once I'm out there maybe we can discuss the possibility of us."

Deciding to by playful I say, "maybe. I have to make sure I can put up with you in person. Dealing with you over the phone is very different than having to deal with you in person. For starters on the phone I can hang up on you and not answer your calls if I don't want to deal with you. But in person that won't be a possibility."

"Is that so?" He growls sounding more like a bear than a man.

"Yes sir!"

"We shall see about that. If I was there right now I would be tickling the shit out of you."

"Guess it's my lucky day since your not."

"Ha ha ha your so funny."

"I try. But I do have a question for you if the concert is Wednesday night why do you have to be there for Tuesday?"

"Oh I didn't tell you?" He continues not waiting for my response. "Our manager somehow convinced the owners of Cedar Point to have the concert at the park. On Tuesday they are closing the park to the public so the band and crew can enjoy the day. Then Wednesday afternoon we are having the concert there."

"That sounds like a lot of fun. I've been there a few times and always had a blast."

"Oddly I've never been. We are all looking forward to a relaxing day and getting to do something without the worry of being mobbed by people."

"That has to get old really quick."

"You have no idea." His says softly.     

Out of nowhere I yawn. "Apparently I'm more tired than I thought."

"Go to sleep baby. I've kept you up long enough."

"Nighty night. Love you."

"Love you to gorgeous. Sleep well."

With that I hang up the phone feeling more positive about my relationship with Dimitri. Who knows that the future hold for us, but at lest I know where we currently stand. And that the door of us being together is still open. Now I just have to get through the next few weeks. I really hope he is able to postpone leaving for Sandusky. I just wish it was for longer than a couple of days, but I will take what I can get without complaint.

With thoughts of my sexy rocker bestfriend floating in my head I fall asleep.

~*~

Thankfully the weeks flew by and it was already the Friday before the concert. Cramming as much of the content into my students consumed most of my time, but I still made time for Dimitri. And I did go out with Keith a few more times. I enjoy spending time with him, but he isn't able to make my heart race like Dimitri can.

I could tell with each conversation between myself and Dimitri he was becoming more and more agitated each time I told him I was hanging out with Keith. But he kept his promise and continued to bite his tongue. I had told him I wasn't putting my life on hold for him again. I did that once and it came back to bite me on the ass. Lessons were learned the hard way. No way was I going to travel back down that road. He was either going to make us official or we would remain friends. The broken road our relationship is traveling has come to a fork and decisions need to be made.