Chapter 67

My warm cocoon was disrupted when I felt arms lifting me from the couch and hushed voices could be heard around me. I could tell Dimitri was the one lifting me by the smell of the after shave he uses. He holds me tightly against his chest and I snuggle into his warmth. More words are exchanged around me, but I was too tired to make out was being said. Dimitri carried me outside and into the car. He bucked me in and kissed more forehead. That was the last thing I remembered before sleep completely claimed me.

The next morning I woke up on my own and not with rushed trip to the bathroom. My stomach was actually not twisting and turning. I stretched my muscles and laid there for a moment enjoying the peace which was shattered by the shrilling sound of the fire alarm. That was when I smelt the burning food. 

I pushed the blanket off and rushed down the stairs to witness an embarrassed Dimitri mutter profanity under his breath. He got the fire alarm to stop and made a phone call, probably to the building maintenance worker to explain what happened.

I propped a hip against the kitchen wall and enjoyed the shirtless view of him pacing the room continuously running his hand through his hair. He really was a sight to behold. I try to hide my laugher behind my hands, but I must not have been successful because he spins to glare at me. I give him an innocent expression and shrug my shoulders. This must not have appeased him because I watch as he set the phone on the island and stalks me like pray. I back up cautiously pleading with him, but when that doesn't work I make a mad dash up the stairs.

He catches me around the waist just as I had reached our bedroom door. Holding my squirming against his chest he manages to open the door and march into the room. Where he tosses me on the bed and follows me so he was hovering above me.

"So you think me burning breakfast is funny?" He says faking angry. Through a fit of laughter I nod my head. "You must be feeling better if you think you can get away with laughing at me." He then proceeds to tickle me till he feels avenged. 

He flops on to the side of me and I take deep gulps of air to calm myself. "You're such a bully," I mutter.

He turns so he's laying on his side with his head being propped up by his arm. "I'm not the bully. You are." I shake my head no. He goes to tickle me again and I beg him not to because I was still recovering from the last one. He must have seen something in my expression because instead of tickling me he gathers me in his arms.

"I've missed you laughter and these small moments," he says softly kissing the top of my head. I rest my head on his chest listening to comforting beating of his heart. 

"Me too," I say kissing his chest causing him to groan and roll out of bed.

"Behave baby. It has been too long since I've been inside you and any little thing sets me off." I glace to his crouch and can see his erection pushing against the fabric. He follows my gaze and when he notices I watch him harden even more. "Just like that." He places his hand in front of himself. "Stop staring at it," he whines. Poor Dimitri. I do feel bad for the pain he must be in because I do miss being close to him.

Dimitri steps away from me and heads towards the bathroom stripping off his clothes along the way causing me to become all hot and bothered. "I'm getting real tired of cold showers," he mutters walking through the door and I bite back a giggle.

I lay there for a moment debating if I should join him in his shower or not. We could take a shower together and save water, but since it has been too long I don't think either one of us would behave. So instead of joining him I wait for him to finish so I can take mine.

When I walk out of the bathroom I'm disappointed to see that Dimitri isn't there. Quickly I grab a pair of short jean shorts and a black button halter top with a semi deep v. I leave my hair lose and decide against make up. Once I'm ready I head down stair in search of Dimitri.