Dimitri's POV (Chapters 67 - 69)

The sunlight tickles my eyes awake and I groan in annoyance. I try to snuggle back into the blankest, but the sunlight is an annoying bitch. In frustration I sit up and look to where Skylar was peacefully sleeping. The dark circles under her eyes were fading. Last night she never once got up to fun to the bathroom. Maybe we were making some headway with all of this.

I run my finger over her hair brushing the hair out of her face and bend down to kiss her. She mumbles, but never wakes up. My stomach grumbles informing me it was in need up substance. So much for going back to bed, but I could make the angel in my bed some breakfast as a surprise.

With thoughts of surprising her drifting in my head I carefully left the bed pausing to make sure the curtains were fully close. No need for the sun rays to awaken her when she was finally getting the sleep she so desperately needed.

Not bothering with a shirt I stumble down the stairs still not fully awake. We didn't get home to till last night and now I'm up way earlier than I wanted to be. Opening the fridge, the light stuns me for a minute causing me to forget what I was doing. Right breakfast. I remind myself grabbing some cream, eggs, cheese, ham and some vegetables. Omelets it is.

I set the ingredients on the counter and flip on the switch. Light floods the kitchen blinding me. You would think by how I was acting I was hung over, but I wasn't. I get to work creating my next masterpiece.

The shrilling of the fire alarm has me cursing up a storm. Quickly I throw up the windows and set up the fan hoping to get some of the smoke. How the hell did I manage to burn the omelets? I haven't burnt any food to the point the smoke detector were activate since high school.

I grab my phone calling the landlord to let him know the alarm was false and I had everything under control. Of course he had to make fun of me. I paced the room running my hands through my hair pissed at myself for ruining breakfast.

A loud laugh draws be from my frustrated state. I turn towards the sounds and discover Skylar is leaning against the entrance way laughing at. She sends me an innocent expression when she catches me glaring at her. Not buying what she's selling for a minute I set my phone down and stalk her. She slowly backs up begging me to leave her alone. When I continue on my path she turns and runs up the stairs. The chase is on.

I follow her up the stairs catching her around the waist right as she reached the bedroom door. Skylar squrims in my arms so I pressed her against my chest in an attempt to get her to stop. Somehow I manage to open the door and stride into the room. I toss her one to the bed and she bounces a couple of time before I join her only to loom above her.

"So you think me burning breakfast is funny," I ask her faking anger. She continues to laugh at me realizing I was only picking on her. Since she can't talk she nods her head. "You must be feeling better if you think you can get away with laughing at me." I then decide a fitting punishment would be to tickle her.

Once I'm satisfied my pride had been avenged I remove my weight and lay on the side of her. Skylar takes a few deep breaths to get herself back under control.

"You're such a bully," she tells me.

I position myself so I'm lying on my side and use my arms to prop my head up. "I'm not the bully. You are," I explain while she shakes her head no. I go to tickle her again, but she begs me not to. "I've missed your laughter and these small moments," I confess kissing the top of her head. She rests her head on my chest.

"Me too," she tells me kissing my chest and earning a groan from me. Her actions force me to leave the bed or else I might press her for more.

"Behave baby," I warn her. "It has been too long since I've been inside of you and any little thins sets me off." She than glances at my crotch and he awakens more than he already is. "Just like that," I groan placing a hand in front of him. "Stop staring at it," I snap when she keeps her eyes trained to him.