Dimitri's POV (Chapters 19 - 22)

Dimitri POV Chapters 19 - 22

I drive the car up the long drive way and park. Skylar is vibrating with excitement next to me where as all I can feel is dread. The place is way more crowded then what she had led me to believe. I almost regret not having Frank follow us for he day, but I wanted to be a normal guy with her. Maybe all these people are out on trail or something. I was looking forward to some time alone with Skylar and hope I won't have to share her with a bunch of people.

"Ready," she asks me with smile and eyes twinkling.

"As ready as I'm going to be," I mutter. She then takes my hand from the steering wheel and gives me a reassuring squeeze. I didn't even know I had been gripping it so tightly.

"Dimitri." My worried eyes turn to face her. So much for me being the tough Rockstar. "You have preformed in front of thousands of people. Being around horses is nothing compared to that."

Is she nuts? This is completely different because I'm out of my comfort zone. When I go on stage everything else melts away to the point it is only the band and the music left. I've also been preforming for awhile now. When I first started there were days I was afraid the nerves would consume me, but over time I've learned to shake them off. For me a show is just another day in the office. These huge beasts are a different story.

Skylar opens her door and my sentence slips out before I could stop it, "you're right its worse." I know I'm being a big baby, but you have to understand even though I grew up around Nashville my family never did anything with horses. This is an entirely new experience for me.

Skylar goes into a coughing fit attempting to cover her laughs, but I can still hear them loud and clear. She wasn't fooling anyone. While I sit there pondering my life choices that got me to this point Skylar walks over to my side of the car and link arms with mine. Guess this is her way to make sure I don't make a run for it. I need to suck it up because she is going on tour with me and I know that will be taking her out of her comfort zone. I can do this!

"Come on. I'll even hold your hand," she says as though talking to a child. I glare at her and she rolls her eyes. 

We walk arm in arm towards a door . When Skylar opens the door I can hear music and people talking. I also can smell food. Cook out maybe? So much for them being on a trail ride. She stops so suddenly that I run smack into the back of her causing her to almost fall over. I instantly react by wrapping an arm around her waist to steady here. The last thing I want is for her to tumble to the ground.  

Some man calls out to Skylar about how that had been expecting her hours ago to help set up. I try to peek over her shoulder to see what as going on, but she kept blocking me.

"Sorry I lost track of time," she explains in a clear voice causing me to chuckle because we more than lost track of time. The wench elbows me in the stomach knocking the air out of me. So this is how it's going to be.

A famine voice perks up, "who's your friend?" Again I attempt to see over her and she block the view. This is starting to get very annoying.

Skylar's body tenses and I can tell she is not comfortable with this situation we are in, but for the life of me I can't figure out why. We already discussed and agreed upon being a couple. Our relationship is going to be public knowledge sooner or later. That reminds me I need to call Aubree and have her return to Chicago. We need to discuss with there next steps because as I've learned over the years better to be in front of something like this than behind it. Not like she is going to be able to keep it a secret because the secret will come out no matter what we do.

Then my thoughts take a dark turn. Unless she's playing me like everyone else. Seeing what she can get out of me for a few days. Stop it Dimitri this is Skylar you are talking about she would never be so cold. Still a slight nagging was still in the back of my head that she wanted to keep our relationship in the dark like she did our friendship. Like hell that was going to happen. She was finally mine and I wanted the entire world to know.