Chapter 64

My sleep is interrupted by Dimitri kissing my forehead and running his fingers down my face, "baby time to get up." He had awoken earlier to make breakfast for everyone and I had offered to help, but was told no. So I curled myself around his pillow and fell back asleep. I groan in answer not wanting to leave the comfort of the bed. Dimitri chuckles, "everyone is here and I can only keep Tray out of this room for so long. He's really worried about you." 

Dimitri barely finishes his words before the person he was talking about barges in. "Seems you ran out of time," Dimitri tells me.

Tray practically pushes Dimitri out of the way to get to me. I sit up in bed realizing my time for sleep has come to an end. Tray embraces me in a hug and kisses the top of my head. "How are you feeling," he wants to know.

How am I feeling? For starters I don't have the need to rush to the bathroom to throw up my dinner. That has to be a positive. Also I don't feel as weak as I had earlier. Or does he mean emotionally? If he means emotionally I'm a mess. I'm going to try and not worry till after the doctor tells us what is going on, but that is easier said then done. Currently I feel numb to the whole situation. 

"Feel better today then I did yesterday." I catch the concern in Dimitri's eyes. We still haven't talked about how he is handling the possibility of me being sick. The conversation yesterday was more about my not telling him what was going on. Which I have more than learned my lesson. 

"That's a good sign. Right?" Tray asks with a hopeful expression sitting down next to me and wrapping an arm around me. At first I tensed expecting Dimitri to rip Tray's arm from me, but instead he sits on my other side and links are fingers.

"I don't know," I tell him honestly. "I'm just glad I don't have to rush to the bathroom."

"Well you still should take it easy on what you eat. Don't want to over do it and make yourself sick." Dimitri commands. "We should head down stairs the guys know something is wrong and were trying to get it out of me."

"Okay." I went to get out of the bed only to realize I was trapped between two sexy rockers. "Guys one of you needs to get up so I can get out."

Tray settles back in to the bed crossing his arms behind his head, "you can crawl over me I won't mind."

Dimitri hits him with a pillow. "Move."

"Ouch. That hurt," Tray say faking being injured. "You could always move so she could get up."

Dimitri hits him with a pillow again, "my bed my rules."

I laugh at the two of them acting like children and earn a smile from each of them. "Tray whoever you settle down with is going to be one special lady." At his raised brow I continue, "because she's going to have to put up with your man child ass."

He ponders for a moment, "Skylar I don't have to settle down I have you."

Dimitri wraps his arms around me and drags me to his side while glaring at a laughing Tray. "Mine," he says in a possessive tone. "Go find your own." His arms are so tight around me I find myself having a little difficulty breathing.  Why must we resort back to being a cave man? 

Needing to get him to lighten his hold on me before I pass out from lack of oxygen I say, "first can you please loosen your hold I can't breathe." Dimitri loosens his hold and seeds me a sheepish expression while scratching the back of his neck. "And second stop treating me like an object. Maybe I will leave your ass for Tray." I try so hard to keep a straight face, but lose my ability to when I see the horror on both their faces.

They speak at the same time. Tray stutters though saying he's flattered and may flirt with me, but only sees me as a sister. Dimitri roars over his dead body will I ever leave him. I lay their listening to the two of them go back and forth with one another.