Chapter 71

Aubree and I raced up the stair to the bedroom leaving Dimitri in our dust. There was only a set amount of time for us both to get ready. I could hear Dimitri stomping up the stairs muttering under his breath about how he'd rather we stay home and have a celebration of our own. He then got very upset when he reached for the door only to discover I had locked the lock and began to take his frustration out by banging on the door. Aubree and I sat on the bed giggling like little girls.

"Skylar open the damn door," he roared on the other side jiggling the handle.

"Nope," I advise him heading into the closet to find an outfit for Aubree and me. I can't wait till we travel back to my house so I can get all my clothes because I'm tried of the limited selection I have.

"But baby," he whines, "I need to shower and grab some clean clothes." I can picture him standing on the other side of the door with his forehead resting against it. Quickly I flip through his clothes till I find a pair of dark washed jeans with holes, a white undershirt and a black fitted button up with quarter length sleeves and two pockets on the chest. Along with a fresh pair o socks and boxers.

I crack the door open and shove the clothes at him. "Here. You can shower in the guest bathroom." He takes them muttering his displeasure as he walks away about being kicked out of his own room. I felt a tiny bit bad about kicking him out, but I wanted to enjoy some girl time getting ready with Aubree.

We both raided my closest for something to wear out tonight. Since I wanted to match Dimitri I stuck with a short lacy black dress with a deep v and exposed back. I loved my outfit and Dimitri will too until it's time for us to leave. My final touch was going to be my black cowboy boots. Aubree settled on a tight red dress and a pair of my black stilettoes.

We had fun helping each other with our hair and make up. Both of us agreeing to have out hair pulled up and only a minimal amount of make up due to the heat that would be present in the club.

"Think you can keep Ryder from picking another fight?" I ask Aubree biting back laugher and applying the finishing touches to my face.

She rolls her eyes and doesn't answer me at right away. She waits so long to answer I start to wonder if she even will. When she does she slightly startles me. "He confused me," she says with a sigh falling backwards onto the bed. "But I'm sure I confuse him too."

I sit on the bed next to her debating if I should revel to her what Tray saw. Aubree props herself up on her elbows and stares at me. "If you've got something to say then say it."

I bite my lip for a second, but then proceed to come clean. "Tray caught you sneaking out of Ryder's bunk."

Aubree's head falls back and she covers her face with her arm. "Shit. How'd he take seeing that?"

I lay back next to her with my feet dangling off the side of the bed. "He was more scarred from seeing your lack of clothes then see you leaving Ryder's bed. Dimitri also reminded him that you are both adults and nothing in the contract says you can't hook up."

"But he's my client Skylar." She tells me with such sorrow my heart bleeds for her. They are perfect for each other if only they could move past all this other shit. As for the band I don't believe them being together would cause any problems, but them being apart from one another is

"And you're my boss, but here we are hanging out as friends." I remind her nudging her side with my arm. "We can't control who we fall in love with. But know this. If he is the one stop wasting timing fighting the enviable. Not to mention the two of you are wasting the time you could be together."

She uncovers her face and says softly as though she's scared to admit it out loud. "You're right. But it's not that simple. Sure we hook up occasionally, but he made it clear when I walked away from him that was it."