Chapter 22

When we finally make it back to the hotel from my parents house it is later than what we had originally planned. Packing took way longer than I thought it would and neither of us wanted to leave because we were enjoying the visit with my parents. Both of my parents were shocked that I was going to give Dimitri another chance and go on tour with him.

My Mom kept asking me about my teaching. She kept reminding me of all the hard work I did to get my teaching licenses. I kept trying to reassure her that nothing has been decided as of yet and currently I was still returning to my teaching job in the fall. I should probable reach out to my principle about the change in my life. Normally none of this would be their business, but since my boyfriend is a famous rock star the school has a right to know. Especially because I don't want any strange fans to try to come to the school and let's not forget about the press.

As soon as we walked into the room I flop onto the bed, "did you remember to book me a plane ticket for tomorrow?"

"Of course babe," he tells me as he slips into bed next to me and tucks me into his side. Instantly I adjust myself so my head is resting on his chest and slip an arm over his waist. Dimitri starts to run his fingers though my hair.

"This is nice." I say snuggling closer to him.

He is silent for a moment before responding, "enjoy this while it last. Because tomorrow everything is about to change."

I adjust myself to I can stare into his eyes and all I can see is worry. "What's wrong?" I ask running my fingers over the side of his face. Is he already regretting being with me?

"Skylar stop." His says in a firm voice. I rise a eyebrow in confusion. "You forget how well I know you. I love you. Only you." Dimitri cups my face in his hand and brings my lips down to his. He kisses me gently, but I can sense he is holding back.

"Then why the faraway look in your eyes?" I whisper hating myself for not having the strength not to ask.

He sighs, "these last few days we have been in a bubble and all of that is about to change. Sure some people know about our relationship, but once we step out of this hotel tomorrow the world is going to know." Dimitri leaves the bed and stands to watch out the window.

I grip the bed to prevent myself from going to him because the stiffness of his back screams he needs some space. Does he not want the world to know about us? Is he ashamed of me? I'm so confused he has been the one that wanted everyone to know we knew each other and I was the one who wanted to keep our relationship a secret. But now many the tables have turned.

He stands there not saying anything while I fight to hold the tears at bay. I can feel the distance starting to grow between us. Hell no. This can not be starting now especially since this is only the beginning of our relationship. Mustering the little bit of courage I have left I leave the bed and wrap my arms around him from behind. He stiffens at first, but soon relaxes into my embrace.

Standing on my tippy toes I kiss the back of his shoulder, "I love you too. So much." I rest my forehead against his back. We stand like that for awhile enjoying the comfort each of us offers the other. "Maybe talking about what tomorrow will bring might help." I tell him breaking the silence.

Dimitri nods his head and turns in my arms so he can face me, "if we are having this conversation then I want you in my arms." He leads me to the bed and climbs on with his back resting against the headboard. I move to sit next to him, but he has other ideas and I find myself between his legs with my back resting against him. He wraps his arms tightly around me and I relax into his hold.

"So," I say drawing random shapes on his arms.

"Your life is about to change Skylar. And I'm scared," he tells me while burying his face into the side of my neck.