Chapter 10

The first reaction I consider is to pull myself from his arms and place some space between us. Before I can react his arm tightens around me preventing my escape. What can he be up to? The realization of the why behind his actions hits me like a ton of bricks. One of the people who entered the room is none other than Keith and because I have the worse luck the other is the mysterious red head. Why should I be surprised they have the same taste in women?

Please couch swallow me whole. This unavoidable interaction is the last situation I crave to arise. Can I please get off this roller coaster ride of an evening? Not sure how much more drama my already full cup can take. Guess I'm about to find out.

Dimitri finally releases me enough that I'm able to reposition myself from laying to sitting. He adjusts himself so he's next to me and casually drapes a arm over my shoulder. He isn't fooling anyone with his actions because I know that's guy code for she's with me. Why dose the male gender have to be such Neanderthals?

"Sorry didn't know anyone was in here." Keith slurs before he entirely focuses on us. The minute he realizes who we are his eyes glaze over with animosity. "Skyler."

"Keith." Could this be anymore awkward?

"Dimitri." The red head gushes. And undoubtedly with one word my question is answers. Yes most assuredly this confrontation can become more awkward. "I've been wondering where you had disappeared to." She stares at me with such distain I fear for my safety. "Though I should have been wondering with whom you had disappeared with. But I forgive you." She saunter towards us and latches onto his arm and gives a tug. "But I'm here now and we can pick back up where we had left off."

I freeze because here comes the moment Dimitri will ultimately choose her over me. Why wouldn't he? In comparison to her I'm practically the ugly step sister. Who would want to be with the ugly step sister when Cinderella stand before you?

"Please remove you hand from my arm," comes Dimitri's dark calm tone breaking my thoughts and confusing me further. Did I hear him correctly? Is he choosing me over her? The red head instantly releases her hold and shock flutters quickly over her features before she can recover. "As I had told you earlier," he runs his eyes up and down her body, "I'm not interested in what you have to offer." His gaze shifts to me when he says, "especially when I already have perfection in my arms." He takes my hand and kisses the back of it. I practically melt on the spot from his words and touch.

"What the fuck man?" Keith questions not hiding his displeasure causing Dimitri to stand and position himself in front of me . "First you steal Skylar from me and now she too prefers you. Fuck you." Before I can comprehend what is happening Keith attempts to punch Dimitri in the face. But since Dimitri is no where as drunk he easily deflects the punch and Keith stumbles backwards. This is not happening.

"Take it easy." Dimitri voices throwing his hands up in the air. "You can have her," he tells Keith while pointing at the red head. Then his tones turns possessive, "But as for Skyler," his voice trails off as he glances down at me. "She's always been mine." And just when I thought he might say something cute he allows his male ego to speak.

"Enough with the she's mine shit. I've about had as much as I can handle." My annoyance flows freely asI stand with hands clenched at my side. "No one owns me other than me. The both of you can take your male arrogance and shove it. I'm threw with all this nonsense," my voice rises with each word I speak and I perceive my heavy breathing.

"I don't mind two hotties fighting over me," the red head remarks hands on her hips.

All three of us at the same time say, "shut up." I watch has she cowers into herself at our words. Deep down I know I shouldn't be taking my frustrations out on her, but the green monster is still awake.