Chapter 68

I'll have a Dimitri POV update towards the end of the week. We are so close to the end I want to push though and finish then go back and continue telling the story from his eyes. I will also being reorganizing the chapters. Once I finish with Skylar I'll be retitling Dimitri's chapters and putting them all after Skylar's POV. I will also be marking the book complete once I'm done telling it from Skylar's eyes, but will continue to work on Dimitri's POV. I promise I won't leave him half finished.

We had a wonderful afternoon exploring the gardens and checking out the different flowers. Dimitri even had a tour guide show us around. Many times we stopped for kisses and to smell the flowers. We took so many pictures of our outing I couldn't wait to post a few of them online, but was having a hard time choosing which ones to post. I figured I'd wait for Aubree's input before posting and I knew better then to post them now. Don't want people to know where we currently are.

Dimitri did an amazing job planning this outing for us. I loved every minute of it. Today was exactly what we needed. Time away from everyone and just us. Thinking back through our unique relationship this was actually our first ever real date. When I pointed that out to Dimitri he had adamantly denied this to be fact, but after him pondering for awhile he came to the same conclusion as me. This was our official first date.   

It was getting later in the evening and the sun was getting close to setting when Dimitri led me into one of the greenhouses we had yet to explore and when we entered I understood why he had waited till now.

There were fake candles everywhere and a table set up next to the indoor waterfall. Not to mention all the different orchids everywhere mixed in with the other vegetation. He remembered they are my favorite flowers. I paused at the entrance to take the sight in. I have never had a guy plan something so romantic for me. Dimitri pauses next to me and I turn to kiss him.

He laughs into out kiss. "I take it you're happy with our dinner arrangement?" Happy. I'm ecstatic! This man continues to surprise me and make me feel special. 

I cuddle into his side as we explore the green house. The many candles flickering around us and playing shadows across his handsome features. In this moment I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

When we were done exploring he led me to the table and pulled out my seat for me. He took his seat and then sent a text on his phone. Once the text was sent he stretched his arms across the table to take my hands.

"Skylar you have no idea how much you mean to me and all of this was just one way I wanted to show you how much I love you," he says while playing with my fingers.

A waiter approaches our table with wine filling our glasses while another sets our food before us. He must have texted them saying we were ready for our food. The man pulls the cover off my plate reveling a stake dinner with mash potatoes and asparagus. They promptly leave with the promise to return if Dimitri has need of them.

I waste no time digging into my plate all of the walking outside we did made me ravenous. The stake melt in my mouth and I moan in pleasure for the taste exploding on my taste buds. Dimitri's eyes dark with wanting while he watches me enjoying my food. A blush stains my cheeks under his watchful gaze.

Dimitri is the one to break the silence, "I know I haven't exactly been welcoming in sharing my emotions about everything going on. And I'm sorry for my behavior whenever you bring the topic up."

I hope he is finally opening up to me about what he is feeling. I pause in my next bite to give him my full attention not wanting to miss one word he says. I've been waiting for this conversation ever since I found out I could be really sick. He puts his fork down and stare off at the waterfall. I patiently wait for him to continue his thoughts not wanting to interrupt him and have him stop talking.