Chapter 56

Dimitri let's out an angry growl, kisses me on the nose and charges to the door throwing it open.

"What the fuck do you want," he roars causing the crew member, who looked to be no older then eighteen, on the other side to almost faint from fright.

"The band said they need you on stage to review some changes," the poor kid stammers shaking like a leaf. 

"Dimitri," I say in a calming tone sitting up in bed. "Be nice. I'm sure knocking on the door wasn't his decision."

"Nope," Tray yells from the door of the bus then dashes off in the direction of the stage.

The poor kids looks like he's going to start crying and wanting to protect him from Dimitri's wrath I get up from the bed and stand next to Dimitri taking his hand in mine. "Did the Tray volunteer you for this?"

He glances at me with gratitude in his eyes. "I was running an errand and over heard them arguing about who was going to knock on the door. Tray saw me and told them I could do it. Next thing I knew I was being shoved on the bus and told to knock on the door."

"See Dimitri he was the sacrificial lamb," I say in a gentle voice. 

"Fine," he mutters stomping around the room grabbing what he needs. He turns and points a finger at the kid, "you will stay here till Frank gets here." The kid nods his head. "If anything happens to her it's your ass." The kid turns as white as a ghost. Dimitri turns kisses me, "love you babe. I'll see you soon." Then he walks away as thought he had not just yelled at the poor kid.

I shake me head and rest my hand on my forehead. "What's your name?"

"Travis," he tells me glancing nervously around the bus, "no one other than the band has ever really been on here before." He then eyes me, "especially a girl."

I wave his words away, "yeah I seem to be getting that a lot," I add a chuckle to try and lighten the mood. "My name is Skylar. Would you like something to drink? Or at least let's go sit down." 

He nod his head in answer and follow me to the sitting area. I grab him and myself a soda from the fridge. When I sit down I notice Travis is eying the Xbox longingly.

"Do you play," I ask him pointing to the Xbox.

"One of the guys I sometimes room with has one and he lets me play. I'm trying to save up for one." Travis explains to me. I file the information away. If the poor kid has to babysit and after the way Dimitri yelled at me he should get something. 

"Would you like to play?" Without waiting for a response I turn the TV and Xbox on. I hand him a controller, but he won't take it.

"I couldn't play my bosses Xbox." He states shaking his head no, but his eyes give away how much he wants to play.

"Nonsense. Dimitri told you to watch me and I want to play, but not alone. If the guys have a problem with it then they can take it up with me," I tell him with a smile. I wave the controller at him encouraging him to grab it. 

We start playing some game with cars and soccer balls. Travis told me it was called Rocket League. I was terrible, but never once does Travis laugh at me instead he tried to teach me. I even manage to score a few goals and each time I did we would do a happy dance. Frank joined us and Travis eyes became sad at the thought of leaving.

"Why don't you stay and keep my company? I can never get Frank to play with me and I'll be board out of my mind waiting for the guys to come back."

"Won't they get mad." He says quietly.

"No and if the did like I said before I'll take care of it. Plus Dimitri wants me happy and Xbox with you is making me happy."

So Travis and I pass the time waiting for the guys to finish the show. Frank even cracks a smile or two at us. Travis stomach growls and I heat up some pizzas for us. The time flies much faster than I thought it would.