Chapter 48

The clearing of someone's throat is what forces us to separate, but I don't get very far because Dimitri pulls me in closer to his chest. He glances over his shoulder and rolls his eyes when he sees who it is.

"Tray," I ask muffled into his chest.

"Gee, how'd you know," Dimitri says sounding sarcastic. "Who else would stop me from kissing my gorgeous girlfriend?" Butterflies flutter in my stomach whenever he calls me gorgeous or his girlfriend. I hope these feelings never go away. 

"What yeah doing," Tray asks trying to sound innocent. I glace over Dimitri's shoulder and by the spark in his eyes he know exactly what we were doing.

Dimitri turns so he can face Tray and his blue eyes narrow to slits. "I was going to try to convince Skylar to order ours to go so we could have some alone time on the bus, but now you can explain to the rest of the guys why they are forced to listen to her screaming in pleasure." He ends his rant with a gloating expression as though he has won. Dimitri really is handsome when he's all fired up. I highly doubt Tray doesn't have something smartass to say. This is Tray we are talking about.

"More like screaming in fright from seeing your naked ass," he retorts. I hide my smile behind my hand. Yep something smartass.

"Alard I can't wait for the day you find your version of Skylar because I plan on making your life extremely difficult," he explain in a no nonsense voice. 

Wanting to save the future Mrs. Alard from having to deal with Dimitri especially since she is going to have her hands full with Tray I add, "Dimitri even if Tray hadn't of interrupted us I would have still said no."

"No? Why," he whines. I can feel the start of his excitement pushing against my lower belly and my inner muscles clench at the knowledge. Tray sticks his tongue out at us. 

"Because I want to talk to the guys about what happened and I have something else I want to discuss with everyone," I tell him patting my hand against his cheek. 

"Fine," he says dragging us into the building and not once checking back to see if Tray was following.

When we enter it takes a minute for my eyes to adjust to the dimmer lights. Dimitri scans the room seeking the rest of our party. They are located at a few of the table in the back of the room. He makes a beeline to them and pushes me into a seat.

"You good Dimitri?" Ryder asks.

"Dude you look like you're sucking on a lemon," comes Mason's retort. 

They give each other knowing glances when Tray joins the table and returns their eyes to the menus.

"We were waiting for you guys to join us. Even though Mason didn't want to," Lucan explain.

"Sure throw me under the bus," Mason says throwing his hands up in the air.

"With pleasure. Hell I'll even throw it in reverse and run you over again." Lucan tells him taking a drink of his water. Mason throws some sugar packets at him till Ryder reaches over and sets them out of his reach. 

"Is it always like this?" I ask Aubree looking over my menu at her. 

Do I really like really really want to commit myself to them? I guess it would be kind of similar to teaching in a way. I would still have to lay out expiations and procedures. They act more like children then men so I would still be working with children. Only thing I don't have to do is prepare lessons that I would have to teach though I'm sure there will still be those teachable moments. I feel like I'm grasping at straws comparing working with Steel Wolf to teaching. Who am I trying to kid yes I still want to go through with this.