Chapter 29

Dimitri looks down at the girl practically glued to his side, "hey Madison. How are you?" He rubs the back his neck and keeps shooting me sidewise glances. 

"Better now that you're here," she gushes running a hand up his arm. "I was shocked when Aubree told us you were staying in Chicago for a few days." She sends me an evil glare and an once over, by the glint in her eyes I can tell she thinks I'm lacking, "but now I can see why." 

I shift to step into her space and would like to think it was only because I wanted to get her hands off him, but deep down I know I had an ulterior motive. And that ulterior motive was anything, but friendly. Yet before I could move Dimitri's arm tightens around me keeping me from scratching her eyes out. When he glances at me his expression warns me to keep myself together and not react. I roll my eyes, but stay where I am only because I don't want to get into an altercation with this girl. I still don't know what her connection is to the band and I don't want to cause any waves that could impact him negatively. 

Once again her gaze returns to Dimitri and there is a glint in her eyes that make me feel uncomfortable. I need to remember to never let my guard down around this girl because she will use anything she can against me. I really hope she someone who works for him daughter and will be leaving us after today.

"How long is she going to be traveling with us?" She sneers. Apparently her and I are on the same wave length and by her question I infer she is not only here for the next couple of day. Great! 

"Not that it's any of your concern Madison," Dimitri scolds removing her hand from him and making a huge smile break out across my face. "Skylar will be traveling with me till the end of the tour."

"Like on the band bus?" Madison asks loudly and in shock. 

Tray saunters up to us and throws an arm around my shoulder, "yes she is. Shocking I know."

"You never let females on the band bus. They always have to travel on the other one." She stutters glancing back and forth between Dimitri and Tray.

"There is always exceptions to the rules. And Madison Skylar is the exception." Tray tells her with a dark tone making me glad he is aiming it at her and not me.

She stiffens her spine and an evil glint flashes in her eyes, "do the guys know?" Madison offers me a smug expression telling me without words she has now won by asking her question.

"Of course," Dimitri speaks up. "I would never do anything like that without discussing it with them. We put it to a vote and everyone agreed."

"Everyone. Even Ryder?" She asks crossing her arms. I'm starting to get tried of her questioning everything. Who is she? And why do they keep defending their actions to her? She reminds me of a child who was told no and figures if they keep pushing the answer will change to yes.

"Ryder can talk for himself," Ryder states shooting daggers at her. He stands on the other side of Dimitri crossing his arms. "Skylar has always been welcomed since the beginning. Dimitri just needed to get his head out of his ass."

"I second that!" Mason adds standing next to Tray with a grim expression.

The last to join us is Lucan. He positions himself next to Mason, "I for one am glad she's joining us. Maybe now Dimitri won't be so depressed."

 Tears prick at my eyes over how the boys have so readily welcomed me into their fold. I notice how they have taken a stand next to me and no one is standing on Madison's side. Almost as though they are silently telling her if she messes with me she will have all of them down her throat. I stand there in silence with a goofy smile on my face. With this situation alone that have made me feel more welcomed then I have ever felt before.