Chapter 55

I thought since I was so tired that falling asleep would be easy, but every time I would close my eyes I was taken back to the moment of the attack. I could still feel his hands on my and his breath against the side of my neck. No matter how many times I would continue to tell myself that I was safe he was still lurking in the shadows. Finally Dimitri returned to check on me.

"What are you still doing awake baby," he asks me sitting on the bed and running his fingers down my face.

This is a deciding moment I can keep my darkened thoughts to myself or I tell him the truth. If I don't tell him I won't add to his guilt, but if he was to find out then I would be dealing with an extremely pissed Dimitri. If I tell him he will take on more guilt, but I wouldn't be keeping a secret from him. With how my luck has been going laity if I don't tell him he will still find out. Guess the saying ripping the Band-Aid off it coming to play here. 

"Every time I close my eyes the memories flood in. Makes it hard to sleep," I tell him with exhaustion coating my tone. I decide to tell him because I don't want there to be secrets between us.

"Baby," he sighs. "I so focused on making sure physically you were okay that I forgot about the emotional trauma." He goes to stand and not wanting him to pull away I latch onto his hand.

"Please stay with me," I ask drearily needing to feel his arms around me.

"Of course." This time when he stands from the bed I let him. "I was only going to take off my shirt and pants the last time so I could be comfortable laying with you," he informs me. He then proceeded to strip till he's only standing in his boxers. Normally I would have gotten drunk at the sight of him, but right now I'm hoping his presence will help me sleep.

He lifts the cover and slides in next to me. I snuggle my back to his front and he wraps his arms around me. He kisses the top of my head and my heart stutters from the action. 

"Better," he asks me kissing the back of my shoulder and linking his fingers with mine.

"Better," I tell him and meaning it. Having his arms wrapped around me I already feel safer and this time when I close my eyes no dark memories consume me. 

"Good. We are on the road to the next site." I've never been so glad to leave a location before. Only one happy memory from Boston and that was meeting Lea. Everything else I would rather forget. "Aubree pushed the show back by a day so it's going to be tight for a few days, but nothing too serious."

"Okay," I whisper. "I should be feeling better by the time the concert starts."

He shakes his head behind me, "you are staying on the bus and sitting this one out."

The thought of be alone on the bus causes panic to rise in my throat and I forget how to breathe for a second. Dimitri sensing my distress rubs my back and tells me to breathe. He keeps asking me what's wrong.

Finally I'm able to rasp out, "don't want to be alone." Realization lights his eyes at my words.

"Of course baby," he says gently. "I'll stay with you for as long as I can and then when I have to leave Frank can stay with you. Okay," he asks pulling my hair from my face so he can kiss me.

I nod my head, "okay. Sorry for the hassle." 

"Hassle," he asks sounding astonished I would even say such a thing. "Baby you're never a hassle. I want you to feel safe and if this will help you feel safe so be it. I'll higher fifty people to guard you if you wanted me to."

A small giggle forms imaging myself trying to navigate through life with fifty people surrounding me at all times. "No I'm good. Frank will be more than enough."