Chapter 30

Surprisingly the drive to the restaurant was uneventful. I thought Madison would have something snarky to say. When Dimitri asked her if she would take some photos of us she did so without complaint. Though I have a feeling her lack of response had more to do with the fact Dimitri is the one who asked her and Aubree's directions. Not for one second did I think she was playing nice because she wanted to. This was more the calm before the storm. I have every intention of keeping an eye on her. 

The drive to the restaurant didn't take that long and for that I was grateful. Granted nothing major happened on the ride, but why push ones luck. The door next to Madison opens and Frank helps her out of the car. He turns around and reaches into help me. Dimitri is the last to exit and he wraps an arm around me and we head in. Not once does he acknowledge Madison nor takes the arm she offers him.

As we pass her I notice her flaring eyes and reddening cheeks. She follows behind us in a huff and begins to say heated words under her breathe. Deciding to be the better person and not allow her to know how much she bothers me I follow Dimitri's lead and ignore her. 

We enter the restaurant and approach the host stand. The gentlemen standing there glances up and a smile of welcome blossoms over his features.

"Welcome. I assume you are here for the private party."

"We are." Dimitri responds.

"If you would please follow me I shall show you the way." He turns and starts to walk away. Dimitri and I fall into stop behind him with Madison trailing behind.

He takes us to pair of doors and when he opens them we discover every one sitting around a table. Dimitri thanks him and pulls out a chair for me next to Ryder. Dimitri sits on the other side of me. Happily I notice Madison is forced to sit away from the band. 

A waitress comes over to use to take our drink order and to explain the specials. I glance over the menu and decide on chicken tetrazzini.

"Skylar how did you and Dimitri meet?" Ryder asks while I take a sip of my water causing me to go into a coughing fit because I didn't expect him to strike up a conversation.

Dimitri pats my pack with a look on concern. I shake my head to let him know that I was okay and then turn my attention to Ryder. "I'm surprised he hasn't told you. Not like it's some top secret information."

Ryder shifts his eyes to Dimitri, "he has told us bits and pieces about you over the years. I could always tell when the two of you were talking and when you weren't."

Ryder now has my full attention, "care to elaborate?"

"Not here," he says glancing around the room, "too many open ears and loose lips. Maybe if we get some time on the bus."

"I can respect that," I tell him. As much as I want to hear how Dimitri was when I wasn't talking to him this isn't the place. Ryder was right there were too many people around and most would jump at the chance to learn something they could use to get their fifteen minutes of fame.

"So like I asked how did the two of you meet?" Right when I'm about to answer Dimitri slides a hand up my dress and squeezes my inner thigh causing me to squirm in my seat.  I glace his way and catch the merriment in his eyes before he returns to his conversation with Lucan, but he leaves his hand on my thigh.

I lick my sudden dry lips before responding to Ryder's question. "We actually met online."

"No kidding?" He states showing curiosity with a raised brow. "Now this is a story I have to hear."

"I promise you it isn't anything exciting," I explain to him with a light laugh and shaking my head.

Dimitri drags our attention back to him, "Ry you better not be trying to steal my girl." His tone says he's joking, but the coolness in his eyes tell a different story. Dimitri removes his hand from me only to place it possessively around my shoulders and tucks me as much as he can into my side.