Dimitri's POV (Chapters 1-3)

The awaited surprise is that I'm going back and rewriting the book from Dimitri's point of view. I haven't decided how much of it I'm going to write. It all depends on how much Dimitri wants to share. Please if you notice anything in his perspective that clashes with the original story let me know. I want to keep it as close to the original as I can. This is the first time I have ever written anything like this. The different parts will be groupings of the original chapters. I will let you know roughly what chapters each part covers. I won't be able to post a surprise chapter daily, but I'm going to try to do at least one a week. These are going to be much longer than normal chapters because like I said they will be covering more than one chapter normally.  So without further ado here you go.

Dimitri's POV Chapter 1 - 3 

Another CD. Another tour. Another city. Another concert. This is what my life has turned into. I know I shouldn't complain there are so many people out there who would kill for the life I live. For the most part its amazing. I have amazing band mates. We are more like a family than just a band. But something is missing. More accurately someone. 

Never in my wildest dreams did I think a five minute conversation on a sped dating website, which no longer exists might I add, would turn into what it did. To think that happened back when I was eighteen. Back before Steel Wolf was the Steel Wolf it is today. My life has been a crazy ride so far, but there has always been one constant. Skylar.

My best friend. The girls who's heart I foolishly didn't only break once, but twice. The girl that no matter what shit I've thrown her way she has remained in my corner. She has always had my back even when I didn't deserve her to. 

Everyone talks about the one that got away. She's my one. But what makes it even harder is that she's still in my life and has no idea how I feel. Because I'm too much of a chicken shit to say anything. She didn't only give me one chance with her heart, but two. And I fucked it up both times because I was scared. I'm an idiot. 

I need this girl in my life because when she's not I feel like I'm in a dark pit. If she ever gives me a second chance I would hold on with both hands and never let her go. But I'm not in a position to be in a relationship with her and I refuse to break her again. I've done that enough. Not to mention she is in a relationship with some idiot who doesn't deserve her. And what do I do?  

"Time to go guys," one of the crew members inform us from the door. Time to go put on a show and act like I'm blissfully happen when I'm anything but.

I glance down at the glass in my hand and down the remainder of my drink . I can feel my bandmates eyes on me, but I refuse to meet them. Don't want to see the worry and pity that always seems to be present when they look at me. I don't deserve it I did this shit to myself. I fucked up the best thing I could ever hope for. Something more precious than the money and fame I have. I'm talking about love. The kind of love you're lucky if you find it once. I did and I let it slip away from my fingers. And now she's in a relationship and seems happy. 

I trudge behind my band towards the stage. They have learned to not try and engage me in friendly banter anymore, which is hard for Tray. Ryder seems to be the only one who understands. He's been as moody as I've been lately. I need to get ahold of myself before I don't only fuck up my love life, but my career.

I stop before walking onto the stage and get myself into the proper mindset. After a few seconds I plaster a fake smile on my face and run out onto stage to a screaming crowd. I give them the concert they paid for. I play my heart out even though playing music no longer gives me the joy it once did. Only talking to her gives me joy. I count down the minutes of the concert because then I'll get to call her.

Women scream my name telling me the love me and want to marry me. Before I would be all over it. But now I only want one girl telling me they love me. Women stare at me with lust in their eyes and I shutter at the thought of sleeping with someone other than her. What the fuck is wrong with me? Before I had no problem sticking my dick in a willing women and there were many. Hell Aubree's assistant has made it crystal clear she is more than willing to warm my bed. I would have jumped at the chance. But not now. I want something more. Something more with Skylar. But I refuse to drag her into this life. She's happy and that's all I can ask for.