Dimitri's POV (Chapters 54 - 57)

We have to sit in the hospital for another hour because they want to make sure Skylar was able to keep her food down. While we wait, she snuggles into the bed and I retake my seat next to the bed. Holding my head in my hands I run through the events after we left the bus for the concert.

Skylar tries to engage me in conversation, but I need a moment to processes everything. She is safe. Those words continue to run through my head. She. Is. Safe. But she almost wasn't. If Tray and I had been a few minutes late the situation we came to could have been very different. Skylar was almost moments away from being violated in one of the worst ways possible.

Why did I let other people get into my head? Skylar has never done anything to show me she is disloyal. If anything, I'm the one who can be disloyal. Choosing someone else over her. I was incredibly stupid back then. Still am so it seems.

An hour comes and goes and Skylar keeps her food down. A nurse walks into check on her progress and declares she is ready to leave. Not much time passes before the nurse zips in and hands Skylar some paper work for her to sign.

While she signs the discharge papers I discuss with the nurse the best way for us to leave the hospital undetected. Out of nowhere Skylar begins to laugh interrupting the conversation I was having with the nurse. Both of us switch our attention to her. She tires to explain what made her laugh, but I was more concerned with figuring out a way out of the hospital to fully pay attention to her.

Skylar rolls her eyes and focuses back on the papers in her lap. The nurse and I continue our conversation. She recommends having a car pull up by one of the back exits and we can sneak out through there. Not being able to come up with anything different I agree with her idea.

She then slips me a paper with her phone number and sends me a wink. I narrow my eyes and glance over to Skylar who is oblivious to what is happening. The nurse lays her hand on my arm, which I quickly shake off. In front of her a deposit the piece of paper into the garbage. She raises her brow at me. Skylar jumps into our conversation mentioning something about sneaking us out through body bags. I think not. She should have been going out in a body bag if Tray and I didn't find her. Safe to say I do not find her joke amusing.

I call Frank to explain the plan of action and hand him off to the nurse so she can give him directions. I keep a close eye on her to make sure there is no funny business with my phone. Don't need her some how getting my number. Maybe I should talk to Aubree about getting a number change. I've never done it and after having Sierra reach out to me I want to make sure I don't have anymore unwanted phone calls.

We remain in the room waiting on a phone call from Frank to let us know he is in position. The same nurse from before reenters with a wheel chair. I tell her we will call when we are ready to leave, but she insists on remaining in the room. Her and Skylar enter into a conversation, but I still catch the nurse eyeing me whenever she can. I can't wait to leave this place. The sooner the better.

Frank sends me a text letting me know he is in position. I let the nurse know we are ready and she assists Skylar into the wheelchair. We then procced to head to where Frank is waiting for us.

"Is all this secrecy and maneuvering really necessary," Skylar asks sounding frustrated while we make our way down the hall.

"Yes," I answer her. Better get use to this baby. You're dating a rock start kind of goes with the territory. She huffs in her seat and crosses her arms.

I pray she is able to adjust to this new life style because I plan on making her my wife. I stumble in my steps for a second. Where did the thought come from? But I don't feel shut off from the idea. In fact the more I think about marrying her the more the idea feels right.