Dimitri's POV (Chapters 73 - 74)

The next few days pass in a blur of planning a trip back to Chicago and making sure all was set for the move. A few strings had to be pulled to expedite to processes at the moving company. They had been behind already and were claiming they wouldn't be available for another few months.

No way in hell was I going to be waiting months to move Skylar in with me. I was already prepared to sweet talk the guys into renting a few trucks and helping. They were already flying out to Chicago, but if I needed their help they would be driving instead of flying back to Nashville.

The storage facility was already booked and waiting. Aubree made sure the place she selected had high security and the unit was indoors. We also put the reservation under a fake name so whenever someone was going through the clients they would never know who actually owned the unit. The moving company was paid extra to bring Skylar's belongings directly there and unload. Once again they were given a different name.

Money talks and loudly might I add. Aubree flashed some extra dough around and the ball was rolling. Now all I have to do is wait for this plane to land and then we will be on our merry way. The tight space of the plane was starting to get to me. Granted first class has more leg room, but still not enough for my liking. At least on the tour bus I can walk around. On an air plane you can't walk around much.

Plus, Skylar and I were trying to bring as little attention to ourselves as possible. So far we've been able to fly under the radar. Some people did a double take, but would shake their head and keep on their path. They weren't able to grab the idea I was actually traveling amongst them.

I have to admit traveling as though I was my old self was oddly satisfying. The entire experience reminds me of how life use to be before I became famous. Also gave me a chuckle whenever I would hear someone listening to our music or see one of our faces on someone's shirts. They had no clue how close they came to someone in Steel Wolf.

The pilot comes over the intercom sharing we were about to begin our descent into Chicago. For the hundredth time since I purchased the ring I pat my pocket verifying to myself the ring was still safely tucked away. Aubree thought I should pack it away in my carry on bag, but the fear of my bag going missing wouldn't allow me to.

The trip back to Chicago was for more than getting Skylar packed to move, but I was also going to propose. Some would say we were moving too fast, but I would have to disagree. Nothing about our relationship could be considered normal so why start now? Plus we have been in each other's lives for years and all those years had to count for something as far as I'm concerned.

Our relationship has always been based on personality and not physical. Since most of our friendship was spent only talking on the phone we were able to develop a deeper emotional connection not based on being physical with one another.

All the guys beyond on board with me making Skylar an official member of our family. None of them were surprised I was the first to cave and join the world of marriage. The hopeless romantic I would try to pretend not to be would always manage to find a way to shine through.

Skylar bounces in her seat next to me in excitement. Wonder how she would be acting if she was in on my other plan. First I need to talk to her dad and then I need to ask her.

The plane touches down and Skylar freezes next to me. So I take her hand and give her a reassuring squeeze hoping to offer her what comfort I can. She glances at me and I smile. Her eyes glaze over as her thoughts take her away from me, but I don't worry. She has much on her plate.

The second the plane touches down I'm out of my seat and stretching my tight muscles. A small groan of pleasure escapes when my back cracks. The ride wasn't super long, but long enough for my muscle to cramp. All the celebrating we have been doing both in and out of bed probably wasn't helping.