Chapter 33

His heated words cause me not to be able to form a complete sentence. I was in shock because in all the years I have known Dimitri I have never experienced him directing this kind of anger towards me. Even when I got married without telling him he was never this mad.

He stalks towards me and invades my personal space. I can feel his anger radiating off him in waves. "Skylar where were you?"

Involuntarily I flinch when he moves his hand to the side of my face and eyes once flooded with anger are now flooded with confusion. "Did you think I was going to hit you?"

"No," I stutter.

He takes a step away from allowing me some space and runs his hand through his hair. Something I notice him when emotions are running high. "Aren't you the one who told me in the past that actions tend to speak louder than words?" He runs his eyes over my face, "and Skylar currently your actions are telling me you thought I would hit you."

He has never called me by my first name so much. I take a deep breath and hide my shaking hands behind me, "I'm sorry it's been a roller coaster of an evening and my mind is not all there," with each word I say my voice grows stronger. "Dimitri I know you would never lay a hand on me in anger. I'm just emotionally exhausted."

I stumble against the wall and he catches me in his arms. My physical exhaustion is quickly catching up to my emotional one and if it wasn't for Dimitri I would be on the floor. What a day. He picks me up bridle style and I rest my head against his shoulder.

"Ready for bed baby," he asks kissing my forehead.

I nod my head and he strides into our bedroom without turning on the lights. He places me on my feet and once he feels secured in the fact I won't fall over he starts to undress me. Once I'm standing naked in front of him he picks me up and places me under the covers. As he walks to his side of the bed he sheds his clothes and joins me under the covers.

I scoot myself closer to him and he gathers me in his arms. If I wasn't so drained I would have tried for something more. By the erection pressing against me I know Dimitri would be more than willing, but all I want is sleep.

As we are laying their I remember I never answered his question. "Aubree."

"What?" He asks sleepily.

"Earlier you asked me where I was at. I was in Aubree's room. Why were you so angry?"

The silence stretches after my question that I thought maybe he had fallen asleep. So when he does speak I'm startled.

"I couldn't find you and you wouldn't answer your phone. I was worried something had happened to you."

I turn on my side so I could face him, "but you knew I had made it back to the hotel. Hell you sent Tray with us."

"I know, but when I finally got back to our room and you weren't there I got worried. Not exactly a feeling I'm use to."

I kiss his cheek, "I'm sorry for scaring you. I never thought you would have made it back to the room before me."

"Tonight was such a shit show," he exclaims turning his head to stare at the ceiling and folding his hands under his head.

"So this wasn't a normal night out with Steel Wolf?" I ask attempting to lighten the mood.

"Yes and no," he answers honestly. "Does drama sometimes follow of course. But we really do try to stay out of it. At least now we do. In the early years not so much. We were young and dumb. Not to mention dealing with the new world of being famous."

I position myself against his side and run my fingers over his chest, "happy to hear that every night won't be like tonight. Not exactly my cup of tea."