Chapter 31

Everyone shuffles out of the restaurant into the awaiting cars and they still don't know where we are going. Once Dimitri realizes that I have some idea on where we were heading he continuously bombards me with questions. But since I know we are going to a club and not which one I'm able to avoid his inquisition with half truths. 

This time we are the only two in the car other than the driver and Frank that is. The atmosphere is instantly less strained. I snuggle into Dimitri's arms enjoying some quiet before we reach the thundering club.

"Skylar I need to tell you something," Dimitri says anxiously. I kiss the side of his neck trying to offer him comfort. "It's about Madison." At the mention of her name I instantly sit up and face him.

"I know." I state emotionlessly.

"You know?" He questions cautiously taking my chin between his fingers and meeting my eyes with stormy ones.

"The minute I heard her voice I put two and two together," I say trying to sound apathetic. "She's the girl I had heard that night calling you back to the hot tub." 

He frantically searches my eyes and I carefully keep my face blank. "You know I wasn't alone with her. The guys were there along with a few other women they picked up from the concert."

I shrug my shoulders, "don't worry Dimitri. I can play nice with her. I've been doing so already."

He goes to say more, but in that moment the back door is opened and he isn't able to say anything more about it. Dimitri slides out first and then helps me from the car. The rest of the guys are also exiting their cars.

We are standing at what appears to be a back entrance of sorts. Wonder why we aren't using the front door. Not like the people inside aren't going to figure out Steel Wolf is here.

Dimitri must have noticed my confusion because he says, "sometimes we use the back to avoid the chaos in front and enter through the back. The main time we use the front is when we want to get notice, but since tonight is about having fun we are using the back door."

"Won't people still notice you are here," I question taking his arm.

"Only if we want them to. Knowing Aubree she selected this establishment because they have a stellar VIP section." He explains kiss the back of one of my hands. "She probably also did this to give you the opportunity to slowly be introduced to this side of my life." 

"She made the right decision. It's one thing hanging out with only the band and a different experience with the public. Though eventually I'm going to have to put my big girl pants on and deal with it all."

"You won't do it alone. You will not only have me, but also the guys and Aubree."

I offer him a tense smile as we enter the club through the back hallway. My ears are instantly flooded with loud club music. Dimitri tightens his arm around mine and guides up some stairs. When we reach the top we are standing on a balcony overlooking the dance floor below. For it being the middle of the week the club seems especially crowded. Sadly we weren't the only group up here, but everyone seemed to be minding their own business. Though I did notice a few of the women run their hungry eyes over Dimitri and aim jealousness my way.   

The other band members join us standing at the railing. I can over here Tray and Mason already scoping out the women below and rating them based on their assets. Those two seem to only ever have one thing on their minds hence why they levitate towards each other. Would Dimitri being joining in with them if he didn't have me? Knowing him like I do he probably would. I'm glad I'm on his arm.

Ryder has left our group and was standing at the bar sipping on his drink people watching. Wonder why he isn't joining in with Tray and Mason. Could Aubree be flooding his thoughts? Dimitri notices what has drawn my attention away from him and a sadness creeps into his eyes when they land on Ryder.