Chapter 7

"Dimitri?" I whisper into his shoulder in shock. "What? How?" Him being here was the last thing I had considered happening.

He chuckles into my ear and his breathe tickles the side of my neck. "Surprise." My heart flutters at the sound of his voice.

"I'll say." I notice I'm standing there stiffly so I relax myself into his hold and wrap my arms around him in a hug. Finally feeling his muscular arms around me almost takes my breathe away. Or was it because he was holding me so tightly.

"You smell good." He informs me so only I can hear him and proceeds to burry his nose into the side my neck. Was that a soft kiss I just felt? "You have no idea how wonderful it feels to have you in my arms for real. Its all I've been thinking about." Was he reading my mind? Why can't I find my words?

At his words I'm reminded about how he never responded to my text from this morning. The anger that has been brewing all day bubbles to the surface to the point I attempt to remove myself from his arms. Needing to put some space between us before I spontaneously combust from his nearness. "But yet you couldn't find the time to return my text." I sneer.

"Lucan said it was a bad idea to not respond to you. I'm sorry." His apology stops me in my tracks from continuing to lay into him. Especially when he fights dirty by offering me a saddened expression. The boy doesn't play fair.

"Well Lucan was correct you should have sent something back. I've been emotionally all over the place because of it. I thought you were mad at me." I recognize I'm being a whiny girl, but I find I can't prevent the words from flowing free from my mouth. Why is this happening?

Running his hands thorough my hair he states, "never. How could I be mad at you." He cups the back of my head and for a split second I fear he is going to kiss me. I'm not ready for that.

Unconsciously my tongue slips out to wet my suddenly dry lips. His eyes follow the movement and darken. My body betrays me by becoming wet because of the change in his eyes, it's remembering a different time in our life when we were together. When he had the right to kiss me whenever he wanted to. When his eyes would take on the intensity they were currently exhibiting which in the past always led to me falling apart from passion in his bed.

He seems to understand my hesitancy because instead of kissing me he rests his forehead against mine. When he closes his eyes and reopens them the desire has dimed some. He continues with his explanation. "A part of why I never reached out was because I was busy trying to figure out which club you and your friends where going to. Thankfully Facebook helped with that."

He pulls his forehead from mine. "Speaking of Facebook can we now be friends on there? Please? There's no reason to keep our friendship a secret." Talk about whiplash. One minute he appears like he wants to devour me and the next he's complaining because we aren't friends on Facebook. What drugs was he doing before he came here?

"Yes." I respond with by shaking my head. "But please focus on your story Facebook can wait."

"Your right." He runs his hands down my arms and goose bumps follow his path. A part of me clenches in desire for him. Damit I'm going to end up in his bed sooner rather than later. The glint in his blue eyes tells me he knows the direction of my wayward thoughts.

Thankfully he decides not to comment on the unspoken words passing between us. I don't want to have that conversation in front of everyone. "Anyways, I found Alex's page and she had posted that you were coming here. So I made my manager get on the phone with the club's owner and convinced him to close for a private party. And now your here." At the end of his confession he brushes his fingers along my cheek.

I'm sure the convincing involved a substantial amount of money for the owner to close his doors on a Saturday night. "I'm here." When did I turn into a blubbering idiot. Oh yeah when Dimitri decided to flash his sexy smile my way. My knees start to slightly wobble. Skyler get ahold of yourself its's just Dimitri. The same old Dimitri you've known for years.