Chapter 2

The alarm clock goes off and I fight the urge to hit snooze again but, at least today is Friday. Lack of sleep from the night before is due to Dimitri and myself staying up late talking. I recognize I should have thrown the towel in sooner, but I really enjoy our phone calls. Due to his busy schedule we usually aren't able to talk on the phone. Most of our conversations as of late have been through texting. The tour has been consuming most of his time. In about a month or so he will be able to go home and relax for a couple of weeks. Then he will be back on the bus.

Without much finesse I roll out of bed and meander to the closet. The first shirt I see is selected along with a pair of jeans. Fridays are also my favorite day because we get to wear jeans. Slipping out of my pjs I change into my clothes for the day.

Before I leave my room, I walk over to my night stand and grab my phone. There is a text waiting for me.

Good morning Beautiful.

For the past few months Dimitri has been texting me every morning. No matter what he has going on the night before the day of.

Morning Handsome. How'd you sleep?

I hit send and finish my morning routine.

~*~

The phone beeps as I'm getting in my car indicating an incoming text. Before I leave, I sit in the driver's seat and check my messages.

Eh okay. I tossed and turned a bit. I got more sleepthen the other guys. You?

Quickly I type my response. The need to get to work influencing my actions.

Same. I didn't want to get up this morning.

Without waiting for a response, I start my car and drive to work.

As soon as I get to the school, I put the car in park and check my phone. There is a message waiting for me.

That sucks. I feel yeah though. How are things going with the job?

It goes. I love what I do. I love working with the kids and helping them continue their education.

I sense a but in there somewhere.

I don't know. Just ready for summer break. The burn out is real.

Only a few more weeks and then you will be free to let your hair down! Or are you teaching summer school?

Not this summer. I decided to give myself a true summer vacation.

Good you deserve an actual summer vacation. Well we are about to start practice. I'll text you when I get a chance.

Sounds good. I just got to the school anyways. Love you!

Love you too beautiful.

The time has come for me to grab my bag and step out of the car with the hopes today flies by. I'm supposed to meet up with some friends from the barn and head out for drinks. Dimitri has a concert tonight so I probably won't be hearing from him.

Once I reach the door, I scan my key card and the door unlocks allowing my entrance into the building. When Im inside I head straight to my classroom and yell good morning to everyone along the way. Everyone patriot my response. We are all counting down to the last day of school.

I step into my classroom and sit down at my desk. Following my morning routine, I power on the computer, roll up my sleeves and prepare myself for my students.

~*~

"Have a great weekend!" I yell to everyone as I get into my car. This Friday turned out to be uneventful, which never happens. Now, I need to run home and change before heading to the barn.