Chapter 10: Declaration Of War

Mavis pov'

We had two days off from school because of the attack. I spent the days in my bed, the doctor said I should do so. Having two broken ribs and a broken nose needed some rest to heal. Thanks to Recovery girl, they healed in no time. Not fully, but I can bear it.

Opening the door from my class, it went utterly silent before a lot of my classmates rushed to me.

I was startled at first, but then got annoyed. "Could you just shut up for a second. I can't hear all of you at the same time."

They went silent and this time only one of them spoke.

"Mavis are you ok? You got hurt pretty badly by that Nomu thing." A short girl with a bob asked. My eyes furrowed just the slightest.

"Nomu?"

"That giant thing."

"Oh yeah, I'm ok. Just wished that thing didn't hit me in the face." I said, believe it or not, my nose was hurting the most. When I tried to speak, eat or drink, everything made my nose shoot sparks of pain.

A couple of them let out a laugh, others shaked their head with a small smile on their face.

"If you would excuse me, I would like to go to my seat."

They made room for me to pass, and seated themselves after I was at my desk, on their own seat and talked again.

Blueberry said something but I didn't mind to listen. After that, our homeroom teacher came in. He wasn't that bad injured, he got a scar on his face, couple of broken ribs and a broken skull.

He said it himself, if it wasn't for me, he would have ended up worse.

"Morning class." he said muffled .

"Aizawa Sensei, what are you doing here?" The class asked in surprise.

"Aizawa Sensei, I am glad you are ok." Blueberry said.

"You call that 'ok'?" The girl with the bob asked .

"My well being is irrelevant. What's more important is that your fight isn't over yet."
Hobo paused.

"Our fight?"

"Don't tell me..."

"Not more bad guys!"

"The UA sports festival is about to start." He finished.

The class began to argue and I zoned out because of that, not bothering to hear them out.

I looked around the classroom. Even though I think that I'm better trained than they all are, I should still stay fit and train with different people from time to time.

I thought that Todoroki and Bakugo would be a challenge, but they were nothing. Bakugo is good in combat, but I already had him one time and it would only be boring if I had him again.

~

The school bell rang, signaling us that school ended and I packed my things before making my way towards the door.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Someone asked, stopping me by holding my wrist gently.

Looking behind me, I saw the boy with two different hair colors, looking at me with no emotions. I saved him as candy cane in my head.

"Sure, what is it?" I asked and turned my body fully towards him.

"I wanted to ask you if you could be my sparring partner." He said while letting go of my wrist.

I raised an eyebrow "Why is that?"

"You defeated me in the battle training, I could learn from you moves." He looks like someone that doesn't give a shit about others and minds his own business. That he talks with me with his own free will should be surprising. I had multiple accountancies just like him at the beginning.

"What do I get from it?" He looked confused.
"I could beat you in no time without my quirk, I have nothing to learn from you." I said with a bored tone.

Seeing how he couldn't say anything, I let out a sigh. "I will think about it, give me your number." I handed him my phone out. There is always this one side of me that just can't say no to people like him...

He hesitated but took my phone in the end, dialing his phone number in.

"U-um why the heck are you all here?" I heard someone ask.

Looking to the door, I saw my classmates surrounding it. I took my phone from Todoroki and made my way towards the commotion.

"Do you students have some business with our class?" Blueberry asked someone.

I made my way to the front of the commotion and see a bunch of students, blocking the door. Are we in the medieval era and they are searching a witch or why are they here?

"Why are you blocking our doorway? I won't let you hold us hostage"

Bakugo stepped besides me "They are scouting out the competition, idiots. We are the class that survived a real villain attack. They want to see us with their own eyes." He made his way to be in front of me. "At least now you know what a future pro hero looks like, now move it extras." He snarled, glaring at the students.

I could only roll my eyes and shake my had in disapproval. What a cocky little shit. Blueberry scolded Bakugo for calling the students 'extras'.

Someone pushed through the crowd, and I recognized who it was. "So this is class 1-A. I heard you guys where impressive, but you just sound like an ass. Is everyone in the hero class delusional, or just you? How sad to come here and find a bunch of egomaniacs." He said.

"I wanted to be in the hero course, but like many others, I was forced to choose a different track. Such is life. I didn't cut in the first time around, but I have another chance. If any of us do well in the sports festival, the teachers can decide to transfer us to the hero course. And they will have to transfer people out to make room." He paused. Wonder who made him that way. He is good.

"Scouting the competition? Maybe some of my peers are, but I am here to let you know that if you don't bring your very best, I will steal your spot from right under you. Consider this as a declaration of war." He finished. I felt like a proud mother when I heard him speak, and could only pat my own shoulder.

I did a great job.

"That is wonderful, I say let us all give our best!"
I said while stepping out from behind Bakugo. Clapping with a bright smile.

"Mavis?" Hitoshi exclaimed in shock.
"Heya Hitoshi," I lowered my hands."If you are finished with your declaration, let's go walk together." I nodded towards the left.

"May you guys let me pass?" I asked the crowd. They hurriedly made way for me and I went out with a smile.

Hitoshi gave a last glare at class 1-A and made his way to walk besides me.

1169 words