Chapter 32: Death Glare

Mavis' pov

"Everyone, don't get too separated! Let's move as a group!" Deku exclaimed as he turned around to look at all his classmates.

The exam just started and we are in an arena that is unnecessarily big. The blonde man that sounded like he wanted to die, just explained how the exam works, and that only 6,5% of the participants are going to pass.

That of course, made a lot of people nervous. So Deku thought about working together as a team.

Bubbles and Iida agreed with Deku but of course, some people didn't like that idea.

"Yeah right, this isn't a field trip!" Bakugo sassed and then went on his own, Kirishima following him after saying "Idiot, wait up!"

Deku mumbled 'Kacchan' as he watched how the two classmates of ours walked away. Iida called after Kirishima, but went unheard from the red-head.

"I'm going on my own, too." Todoroki said "It's hard for me to use my power in a big group." Deku wanted to stop him, calling out for him, but Icy-Hot ignored it, running off on his own.

I hummed thoughtfully, before going away, too.

"Mavis? Please don't go." Deku pleaded but I shook my head lightly. "Sorry, kid. I don't mix well with a team. But call me if you need help." I gave him a thumbs up before running off, to an area where I feel a big water source.

The buzzer went off as I was nearing the water source. I stopped running when I sensed bodies running towards me.

I turned around and saw that there were a lot of students, targeting and attacking me at once. Freezing their bodies, they stopped midrun, a couple of them falling face first because they jumped up.

Throwing a ball up and down like a baseball with my hand, I eyed them from head to toe. I didn't know any of them, how could I? Here are like what? 1.500 participants? "Well, look what we got here. Grouping up and attacking me at once?"

Throwing the balls that I got from some man, just before they explained the exam, I hit every spot from them that I should have to pass. I let go of their bodies and some of them fell to their knees, sad because they lost so quickly.

I don't know why they chose me of all people as their first target. Maybe it was because I was the one nearest to them and they were just greedy? Or they targeted me when they saw me at the beginning of the test? Either way, I was the wrong decision.

A total of twenty students. These metal things on my body blinked, it's these things that show where someone should have hit you with a ball. "Those who have passed should go to the waiting room." It said before shutting off.

~

When I entered the room, no one was there. So I assessed the room to find some food or water.

There was a free buffet, and I didn't waste another second, directly walking towards the free food. Kyoko would have loved it. Because of her quirk, she needs to eat a lot, her metabolism is really fast. That's why she is so skinny. She eats a lot without even trying, still, her legs together are as big as one thigh of mine.

Or I'm just fat.

It didn't take long for other students to fill the room. Just after ten minutes, there were like 25 people.