Chapter 46: Lost Or Won?

Mavis' pov

I hurled him to the ground, hard enough that the stones broke, flying up because of the impact before falling down again. He stood up after a second, using his quirk to heal himself.

Deku gasped besides me while I just watched Kai. I knew it wouldn't do much to him, but he still felt the pain. He raised his left hand, and a mouth formed out of it. "Someone else is about to die because of you!" It was loud, loud enough for Eri to hear, she couldn't be far from us because Lemillion can't run. "Is that what you want?! Eri!"

I gritted my teeth. "I.." My eyes widened, she really came back this fast? "Don't want that!" I turned to the hole in the wall, Eri walking out of it. "Eri, go back to blondie!" Deku wanted to say something, but I beat him to it. "Eri. Do you really think that she and this guy can do anything in this situation? Do you want her to die because of you?"

She looked with wide eyes to Kai and shook her head multiple times. "No, please! I don't want her to die. Not anyone!"

"Eri. I won't die! Go back to the blonde guy!"
She looked to the ground, not moving an inch. "Then what should you do?" Kai continued.

"Go back." She started walking towards us "but in exchange... put everyone back the way they were!"

"That's right!" Kai pulled his hand back "It's easier to be hurt yourself than to have others get hurt for you, huh?"

"Enough!" I raised my hand, wanting to kill him here and now. But a sickening noise behind me, stopped me in my tracks. Someone coughed behind me, and my eyes widened.

There he was. The blonde boy with his blue dull eyes, looking back into my eyes with pain. He got stabbed through his shoulder, and the spike retreated back. I forgot everything and just rushed to my friend that layed limb on the ground, bleeding like hell. I kneeled
down besides him, stopping the blood from coming out more, my hands trembling as I didn't dare to touch him somewhere. The fear of hurting him stopped me. My lips trembled behind my mask and my eyes became glossy.

"Akito...how- why-?" His fingers twitched and I grabbed his whole hand in an instant.  "It's just a hole in my shoulder, stop crying you baby." He tried to laugh but winced.

"You bitch, be grateful that I can't hit you right now." He smiled up at me. A real smile... never seen those things on his face. Never heard him laugh. The only expressions he had were either pain or annoyance, most of the time it was neutral and without emotions.

Behind me, I heard Deku and Kai fighting. But I couldn't care in this moment. My friend will die if he doesn't get a blood infusion.

"You know, you were never alone." He looked up to the ceiling and started talking. "My shadows followed you around, never stopped even as our missions ended or when you ran away...

"I see you as a sister that I never had, and I couldn't risk to lose you after everything." He winced as he tried to breathe. I placed my right hand on his chest gently and he looked me in the eyes, a ghostly smile crept up his lips. 'Peaceful' left my lips quietly, numbing his pain so he could breathe steadily again.

"I know about everything, Mavis. And I took care of it behind your back." My blood froze. "What do you mean?" The ceiling crushed over us and I made a barrier with water around us. Repealing the broken stones from the ceiling away.

"I killed his wife. He was next in my list, but I thought about you and let him grieve. Then I would have kidnapped him for you, but here I am."

"You killed- her?" He nodded. "For everything they did to you..." he muttered and my eyes unfocused. Something I could have never done. He took revenge for me, he wanted to, but he sacrificed himself for me before he could have completed it.

"Where are the others?"

"A big group makes trouble with us. Their name is L-" he started coughing and I patted his chest lightly. "It's okay. Don't talk too much..."

The heroes were fighting down here. While Deku was above us. Wait... is he fighting with Eri on his side or do the heroes have her in their care?

I shook my head mentally. She should be fine when Deku is there. "Do you remember when one of Endo's girls found out about another one? It was when I turned 15, on my birthday." I giggled at that memory. "She barged in his apartment when we wanted to celebrate it. Throwing my cake in his face." He smiled. "Oh yeah, you and Kyoko didn't even try to help him, while she tried to stab him."

I grinned. "Of course we wouldn't help. He deserved it and I was rooting for the girl. I mean, she was dumb enough to fall for him, but a lot of girls did, so I don't judge her." I shrugged my shoulders. Yeah, I was mad because I couldn't have gotten a taste of my cake, but the show was entertaining.

"Hold on, you didn't do anything yourself. You were the one that gave her the knife." I looked down at him. He tried to shrug but decided not to in the end. Even if he doesn't feel the pain, he knows that it wouldn't be good for his body in this state.

The fighting noises stopped and I looked up. 'Did they lose or win?'

When I looked back, Akito was gone. He shadow-walked away. I hope they still have blood in the basement for infusions.

Jumping up, enough water pressure catapulted me up to the others. It was like I was flying.

When I landed, I saw how Eri was lying on top of Deku. 'What the hell happened?' Before I could start running towards Eri, someone stopped me. Taking my hands behind me and putting handcuffs that cancel my quirks on me.

"What the fuck? Get off of me." I gripped one of her hands, twisting behind her and throwing her to the ground. Other heroes started running towards me, wanting to help their colleague. Of course I wouldn't go down without a fight.

"Reaper, don't fight against us. You lost." Aizawa's gruff voice reached my ears and I made the mistake of looking back at him. He was kneeling on the ground, getting steadied by Asui. Someone kicked me in my stomach, another one my feet, letting me fall face first on the ground while another one kneeled on my back, holding me firm.

My gaze catched that from Toga's. She wanted to take steps towards me, wanting to help me, but Twice held her back. They exchanged looks, bickering for seconds back and forth. She looked towards me and I tried to shake my head, but couldn't. 'Stay away' I tried to tell her with my eyes and she nodded after a second. Retreating back into their hiding place.

"Reaper, you are being arrested for working against the heroes and keeping knowledge away from us. Participating in experimentations on a child and being a part of a terrorist organization. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you." The hero behind me pulled me up, and brought me into a car full of the other members of the Shie Hassaikai.

They closed the door and my eyes unfocused. The car started moving and no one spoke. It was a silence that we all needed, to think about what just happened.

1336 words