Chapter 84: Identity

Mavis' pov

I couldn't sleep. Again. It's as if something is haunting me. Every time I close my eyes I see faces that I do not wish to see. When I take melatonin, I wake up in the middle of the night and cannot seem to move my body. Only my eyes. And it always feels like someone is watching me or standing in a corner.

I always feel powerless.

I pinch the bridge of my nose, closing my eyes for a second before opening them widely.

I let my hand fall down over one of the stacked paperwork in front of. They gave me a room where I could work in peace, far away from the others. Even my own bedroom.

After another glance at all the documents, at least five hundred on my desk, I made my decision and stood up. I'll just leave it to the twins so they can bring it to Endo.

Sighing, I slowly made my way towards the door while thinking where I left my bag. When I saw it on the couch near the door, I walked towards it, searched my bag for my pills, and when I couldn't find them because it was too stuffed with other things, I just held the bag upside down and emptied the content out on the couch.

Clothes.

Dagger.

Another dagger.

Pills.

There were three pill boxes, and I only took the one with the blue cap. I took out one and after thinking for another second, I shrugged and took out another pill, plopping them in my mouth as if it were bonbons and swallowed them without water.

That should do it for my iron deficiency.

I looked down as I tossed the pill box back and see my phone between some clothes. I grabbed it to turn it on but saw that the screen was cracked. Badly.

'When did that happen?'

I sighed and tossed it back down.

~

"Reaper!" Toga jumped out of the corner, tried to scare me but I already felt her body when turning the last corner. "Is something?" I kept walking, feeling for one of my daggers that I took with me. The scabbard was still secured at the side of my thigh, but the dagger wasn't there anymore. I pressed my lips in a thin line and held my hand open to Toga, giving her the side eye as she grinned.

"You always have nice things, can I keep this one?"

"My weapons were always gifts from old accountancies. I never bought one myself."

She gave me my dagger back while making a sad face, but she lightened up again a moment later. "Oh, some guy with white hair was searching for you." She tapped her chin with her finger. "Something about school... I think."

I furrowed my brows. "Where is he now?" We turned another corner, this hall was more crowded. People bowed for me when I passed by, but I just ignored them.

"Hmh, don't really know," Toga clasped her hands behind her back, taking bigger steps than she did before. She looks like a child, not in a bad way.
"Dabi was kind of pissed when he saw him. He kicked him out after telling him that you weren't with us."