Chapter 91: Sid

Mavis' pov

Geten walked into my office without knocking. "We found two bodies last night." I glanced up from my work and raised a brow. He reluctantly bowed before repeating himself and adding a 'boss' at the end.

"Men?" He nodded. I waved my hand in dismissal, looking back down at my paperwork. "That was me, just dispose of them and give their families money as compensation."

"But- what did they do?" I looked back up with slightly furrowed brows. "Was I unclear somewhere or why are you still standing there?"

He opened, then closed his mouth and walked out of the room. He looked agitated, and I noted the way he hesitantly reached out to close my door. I sighed. "Geten."

He looked back surprised when I called him, but let out a slight sigh as if he was relieved. "Yes, Reaper?"

"Why did you guys wait so long to tell me this?" He stepped inside again and closed the door behind himself. The kids are with Toga and Twice since this morning. I left them with the others because it looked like Toga wanted to bond with them. Twice looked so happy but every time Dabi looked his way, Twice acted like he couldn't care less about the kids.

"Because the children were with you and we didn't want them to overhear."

I chuckled slightly. "Don't tell me you guys care about the kids getting traumatized." I stood up from my seat and walked slowly towards the man.

When he did not speak, I reached out to hold his chin and made him look me in the eyes. "Geten, I don't like repeating myself. Whatever the others told you, they are not your superiors anymore. I know Rikiya wouldn't keep something from me." I pulled his face towards me. "Is it Skeptic?"

"Yes. He said it would be best if we trust no one that Hawks brought with him." Ah, that was it. I did tell them to keep an eye on Hawks, so it was only natural for them to be wary of Eri. I let go of his chin and patted him on his cheek. "Tell Skeptic that she is fine, and won't tell anyone what she sees here."

He nodded. "Is there anything else you want to tell me?" Geten shook his head but then pressed his lips in a thin line. "Dabi said he won't train with me. Can't I train with someone else?"

I smiled slightly. "If you cannot train with him in a civil manner, provoke him so he fights with you. Till then, just watch me."

I do need someone like him by my side. It would be better if he sees me as his idol or something like that before the heroes attack this place.

~

I wanted to check up on the kids and went to our common room, only to find them baking something with Toga and Dabi. Twice was sitting on a stool, covered in flour, his arms crossed over his chest.  They did not notice me when I walked in and silently closed the doors behind me.

"Why am I even supposed to help? I feel ridiculous." Dabi said, trying to roll out some dough with a rolling pin. "You and Mavis always fight! This is to make peace with her." The room smelled after cinnamon and apples. Delicious and perfect for the season. Whatever they are baking, it looked like the kids are having fun.

"And why exactly would I want to have that." The dough under the rolling pin started to stick to it. Dabi grimaced as he pulled the rolling pin up and then let it fall down. "Fuck this shit. Toga this isn't working."