Chapter 72: Sweet Death

Mavis' pov

The chattering went muffled when I closed the door behind me. My classmates were still downstairs, talking with each other. My old friends wanted to talk, and it was about something that needed to be said without my classmates being in earshot. So we went outside.

I crossed my arms over my chest and went in front of them, hugging myself because of the cold. Their back was turned to the glass door while I faced them. Whatever would be said now, I would need to school my features neutral and the males don't need someone to try and lip read them. But I'm still debating on if it is save to discuss something with them outside. They were glancing at each other more than I liked to witness. It was urgent, no doubt.

I could see Aizawa from over Kyllian's shoulder. He was seated inside, turned to us and watching us with discreet attention.

A slight breeze brushed my hair slightly into my face and I brushed it back, tugging it behind my left ear. I shivered slightly and that got the boys' attention more than how I hugged myself. "Why aren't you using your quirk?" Kyllian asked, already making a move to slide off his jacked.

I didn't answer that, not when we were outside. I can't take chances if someone is stalking me. The urge to be 24/7 on my watch never left, even when Aizawa told me that the heroes were called off from watching me. No, it felt as if someone or something else was lurking in the shadows. And I felt creeped out. I can't stand being in the dark, not seeing anything but only hearing.

I never could stand it.

Kyllian gave me his jacket and I gladly took it from his grip. It was large for my form, but I didn't mind. Welcoming the warmth that it gave me as I wrapped it around my upper body more.

"Just start talking why you guys glance at each other as if you are in trouble and I'm your mommy." I said, shivering again but not as badly as the first time.

The boys glanced at each other once more, before Daichi started talking. I bet he wanted Kyllian to talk first.

"Yamaguchi has some beef with the Liberation army. They gave us an ultimatum and we couldn't decide what to choose." I stilled at what he said. I don't know who this Liberation army is. Hawks only mentioned them briefly, but told me that he would explain it further the next time we see each other. Are they that powerful to give the Yamaguchi an ultimatum? Are they in such a position?

But when another breeze hit my body lightly, I came to my senses. We are outside. Not every classmate of mine is in the lounge, a couple of them went to bed. And all they needed to do is open their window to hear what Daichi is saying.

He was always someone that went quick to the point, but I didn't know that he was stupid enough to talk about something this vital in the opening.

"Are you nuts?" I breathed out, schooling my features into one of shock. Looking past Kyllian's shoulder to Aizawa, who held eye contact with me. And when he saw the tinge of fear that I let myself feel, he stood up without another thought.

I need to have a reason to be alone with these two males in my room. What I learned about being watched is to take the reins into my hands and let them see what I wanted them to see. Fighting against it is stupid.

Kyllian slightly tensed up when he heard the door open and then close, but Daichi was staring at me. He knew what I was doing. He was the one that teached me this. Daichi knows that I wouldn't have had shown any reaction if I didn't wanted to.