Chapter 41: A Good Friend

Mavis' pov

There were many times humans showed their true nature. When they did me wrong or fell behind my back. I never held grudges. I only distanced myself from them. I was never angry, nor really disappointed. I always expected them to make a wrong move, because humans thrive for success, they would never consider another human being if it comes to that.

So I was surprised and overwhelmed with my emotions when Izuku fell too. Oddly enough, I trusted him. And that was my mistake.

I knocked on the door and it opened short after. "What do you want?" My head was lowered. "Can I cuddle with you?" My voice was steady, but in a whisper. "I'm not a fucking teddybear, go and ask pinky."

"She is with the others, and you were the only one that came to my mind."

"Search for someone else." I looked up in his eyes and whispered a broken 'okay'. I think he saw how swollen my eyes were, because he looked guilty and then rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, get your ass in." He opened his door wider and a small smile made its way to my lips. I stepped in and he closed the door.

"Nice room," He scoffed "Of course it's nice, it's my room after all." He shoved his hands in his pockets and went to his bed.

"Did I intrude you in something or were you going to sleep?" I was standing in the middle of the room and watched Bakugo lay himself comfortably on his bed.

"I was going to sleep." I nodded and went to him, getting under the covers and cuddling myself against his chest.

He placed his hands hesitantly around me and pulled me tighter towards him.

"Who hurt you?"

"It was my fault, shouldn't have trusted him." I said faintly and closed my eyes. The warm sensation that he gave me was surprisingly comfortable and he smelled good, too.

"Just tell me who it was."

"You would just get another reason to beat him up." I whispered and drifted off to dreamland. Before I could completely fall asleep, I felt his grip tightening around me and heard him whisper "Midoriya... you bastard."

~

When I woke up the next day, I felt Bakugo playing with my hair gently. I didn't want him to stop and I didn't want to go to school, it's in the middle of the week after all. But I knew that Bakugo would want to, so I opened my eyes. My head was resting on Bakugo's chest while my arms were wrapped around his torso. Freeing my right hand, I reached out for my face and rubbed my eyes, slipping slightly out of Bakugo's wrath.

"We have half an hour to get ready, you should go to your dorm." His voice was gentle, not like his normal tone, not even passive aggressive.

I nodded and a yawn escaped my lips, cowering my open mouth with my right hand.

"Thank you, that you let me sleep with you." I said while standing up. "Don't mention it." he mumbled.

"See you in class." My pace was slow and not so graceful as normally. I could feel Bakugo's eyes on me as I opened his door.