Chapter 48: Bracelet

Mavis' pov

The door opened and I went inside, lazily looking to the others. It was night already and they all looked happy. Not because I returned, but because they were celebrating the win Deku and the others made this morning.

"Mavis! Where were you?!" Mina rushed towards me and grabbed my hands. "Come, we were just celebrating that they won this fight." She wanted to pull me to the others, but I slipped out of her grip. "I'm tired. See you in the morning."

She watched as I went to my dorm, to the fourth floor, while the others didn't really pay attention. Deku took a glimpse at me as I passed him, just like Kirishima, Ochaco and Tsu. Aizawa told them who I am. Probably they will stay away from me, and tell the others that I'm Reaper. It wouldn't surprise me if Deku already did.

"Mavis-" I looked over my shoulder and silenced Deku with a glance. Everyone stopped talking for a moment and watched me go away.

Muttering reached my ear as I went up the stairs. 'What's up with her?' 'Did something happen?' 'Where did she come from?'

The door closed behind me, as I stepped in my room. Putting my bag besides the door and locking it. I sat down on my bed and looked down to my right wrist. The bracelet they gave me shone in the nightlight. That's not what I meant with freedom...This shit cancels my quirks, the teachers can deactivate it. But only for the lessons or emergencies.

Till they got prove that I don't work with another yakuza or the LoV. I will be watched now 24/7, and I can't participate in any hero course if there are not 3 teachers watching, including Aizawa.

Nezu got me out of the police station because he promised to make a hero out of me. A low chuckle left my throat as I thought about it. They just want to watch over me closer, they should know better than try and make a hero out of me.

A couple of days went like a blur. October started and everything felt normal for a second to others. While I was feeling like something was not right in me, that something was missing, the others were like normal students. Head over toe in work, and radiating joyfulness the rest of the day.

I don't know how long I need to wear this bracelet, but I don't feel well with it. The others  didn't even notice that I felt uncomfortable and in the edge of calmness. And if they did, they tried to avoid it. None of the four that know about me being Reaper really talked to me, as I presumed.

If they were strangers, I would have loved if they feared me. But they are not strangers. I felt comfortable around them and at peace. I even smiled more often than I did in the past.

They were like Kyoko and the others to me. Of course the four have another place in my heart, because I know them longer and they know me better than anyone. But still, getting avoided by Kirishima, Ochaco and Tsu is hurtful. Not Deku, he can go fuck himself.

"Mavis." I looked up from my bag which I was stuffing with my books, to Aizawa. "Your request got accepted. You will be seeing Eri tomorrow." A little smile made its way up my lips. I've been waiting for that days long. I went  outside the building, towards our dorms. The others followed suit, but talking in the meantime. We just talked about the school festival, and they were talking under themselves which theme they found better.

I honestly could care less about a festival, but Bakugo's and Koda's idea was good. While the match could entertain everyone who loves watching people fighting, a petting zoo would be perfect for people who adore animals. Even I would go there.

I opened the door with a smile, but it fell when I saw who was in there. They turned towards me, Eri exclaiming 'Big Sis' while the two boys looked on edge. Of course they would be here...

I tried to ignore them and went up to her bed. "How have you been?" She embraced me in a hug, and I hugged back. "I'm sorry. I couldn't visit you sooner, got some problems here."

She leaned back and looked up at me. "How is he?" I glanced at Deku and Mirio for a second. They looked confused to Eri and then to me.

"I don't know myself."

"Eri, who do you mean?" Deku asked while I took a seat on the bed. She looked towards me, but said nothing.

My eyes met the ones from Aizawa, he stood at the door, watching us all. Especially me.

"Lemillion. Deku. And the man wearing glasses... All of you were injured badly because of me. Because of me, you all suffered... especially you, Big Sis. I'm sorry..." her voice was tiny, and she was looking at her bedsheets, not meeting anyones gaze.

"It was my fault that Mavis suffered with me so I wouldn't feel alone and that they wouldn't hurt me anymore. And that you lost your power, Lemillion..." my heart broke, tears wanted to fall out of her eyes as she talked, but Mirio stopped her.

"Eri. No one thought they were suffering. This is what we all think: "I'm glad Eri is okay!" There is no point in apologizing to someone who doesn't exist. Don't worry about it. Everyone fought because they wanted to see your smile!"

Eri tried to smile, but only made weird grimaces. I giggled. "Eri, honey what are you trying to do?"

"I'm sorry. How do you smile again...?" The boys gaped and I looked confused.

"Do you remember how you first ate ice cream?" She nodded. "You smiled there. You just need to think about wonderful things that you experienced, or seen. Like the movie that we watched." I suggested. She thought for a second and a tiny smile made its way up her lips.

"Aizawa Sensei! Could Eri leave the hospital for just one day?" Deku jumped up from his seat and jogged to the black haired male. I watched him suggest that Eri could come to the festival and Mirio telling Eri how cool it would be.

"Will you come with us, Big Sis?" Eri looked up to me and I chewed on my bottom lip.

"I would love to be with you Eri, but the boys should get some time alone with you." To be honest, I just don't want to hang out with the two. It would be hella awkward.

After some time, we all left. When I exited the room, Aizawa stopped me from going further. The boys turned to us two, and one of them closed the door.

"What's up Dry Eye." He let go of my arm and shoved his hand in his pocket. "We showed Eri the phantom photo, and she asked if he is ok." I shrugged my shoulders. "So?"

"She knows him, that's clear. When we asked questions, she didn't talk." I smiled.

"Well, someone knows how to shut their mouth." Deku tensed up. "If this conversation has no point, I would like to go to my dorm." When I started walking, Aizawa pleaded. "Who is this guy, Mavis. Just tell us."

"Someone that saved my life." I said loud enough for them to hear, still walking. "And I would suggest you to stop searching for answers. Sometimes it's better to not know everything."

1272 words