Chapter 12: Boomer

Mavis's pov

We worked out for like 2 hours now. First we did a warm up workout, we trained our stamina a little and now we are at combat training, for like half an hour.

I first showed him how to do a fighting stance properly. Showing him a couple of tricks on how he can end his opponent fast and easy.

After that, we started battling without quirks. This is our third round.

"Okay, come at me." I commanded. He sprinted towards me, tried to punch me in the gut, but I blocked it. After that he tried to kick me from the side, but I got his leg and threw him to his back. His movements make me feel like I can see things in slow motion, even though he is quite fast.

Maybe it's just that I'm really focused in this.

I waited for him to get up and when he did, he tried to land a punch to my face.

I yelped and ducked immediately, swiftly jamming my elbow to his side, then falling back on my hands for support, so I can kick his legs with my right one from behind. He fell down with a groan.

"Not at my face! I am sensitive there because of the attack." I said while covering my nose for protection. I really have something like a trauma... the pain was horrible.

"Better watch out for my attacks then." He said mercilessly. Standing up with the help of his left knee slowly while rubbing the back of his head.

"You little devil." I exclaimed and tackled him to the ground. I pinned him to the ground with a grin, thinking what I should do next to embarrass him.

"Could you repeat that again? Who should watch out for what?" After I was satisfied with the silence, I made my move to stand up again.

With a swift motion from Todoroki, we changed positions and now, he pinned me down. This took me by surprise.

He leaned down to my ear and whispered. "Don't let your guard down, who knows what could happen." A chill ran down my spine and I could feel heat rising up to my cheeks. His breath tickled my ear as he still was trying to steady his breathing. This never happened before when a friend always did it.

A thought came to my head that made my grin. I kicked him with my knee in his stomach, then used my other leg to switch position again.
He got flustered.

"Someone should check on you, you look in need of something~" I made sure to look for any kind of discomfort before I leaned down to give his forehead a lasting kiss.

"It's not a fever... are you in need of something else?" He looked speechless and I went down from him, still sitting on the ground, giggling at his reaction. This should do it.

He tried to compose himself and stood up slowly. He wanted to say something but someone cleared their throat so my head snapped towards the door.

There was standing Endeavor with his arms crossed and eyebrows raised.

I stood up immediately out of respect and looked to the ground. Fingers crossing and hoping he wouldn't recognize me, or else I will be in jail.

"Son, I didn't know you had a guest, who is this?"

"None of your business." Todoroki said coldly.