Chapter 85: Half-Sister

Mavis' pov

I stopped by someone who was bowing when I nearly passed them."Would you be so kind and tell Rikiya he should come to me directly after the meeting?" She looked up bewildered, then smiled nervously. "O-Of course Reaper." I should start interacting with them soon, because it seems like they see me as someone who is too high to really see them because of my status.

After nodding, I made my way back to my office. It is draining to always put up a front, even more when you  newly joined something. Just thinking about everything makes me have a headache. I left all the meetings to Rikiya to do them in my stead and just report afterwards, because I just hate meetings.

I had nothing against them before meeting my foster father again in one of these meetings. I liked arguing with horse face and putting him in his place. It was funny to watch him as he always lowered his eyes at the end.

I wish everything would be like old days. Where the only thing I needed to do was get the most dirtiest information I could get my hands on so that we could sell it to the highest bidders.

Of course we also fought against others. But that wasn't the most important thing. We mostly just learned to fight to defend ourselves if we ever got caught snooping in a mission.

I never had an own office though, so this is kind of refreshing. In the past, I always did my paperwork in my room or with Kazue in his office.

When I opened the door, I was greeted with red feathers flying everywhere as if they had tasks to do. Seems like the gods are not on my side, because I could really use some rest right now. And instead of laying down now and maybe read a book, I have to talk with a hero that only wanted to talk to me in the first place because they needed me as some sort of weapon.

At least they know that I'm powerful and were kind enough to remember my name I guess.

But they do not respect me enough so that doesn't get me far.

I sighed and closed the door. "Please, come in and feel like at home." I said sarcastically.

He turned around with papers in his hands, reading it as if it has the biggest secret of some celebrity written on there. He looked up. "You know we could send all these back home." Hawks knows that someone listens to every word he says, so he chooses his words carefully. This could be interpreted into multiple ways if they are suspicious enough.

"Speak comfortably." I nodded towards a device, hanging on the wall to his right. "It's a device that interferes with any reception and electronic devices to function." He turned his head towards the wall in astonishment then walked up to it. "Where did you get this." He points at it.

"We have someone that has a quirk that is connected to electronics. They are the smartest person I probably know." I wave a hand in dismissal. Nan works for Yamaguchi for nearly 2 years and I thought I didn't know her when I heard her name from Ahma some time ago.

She was the one that patched up my suit. And I remember hearing her name when I was still the consigliere, something about her getting up the ranks fast even though she was still a teen. I don't know what made her join the Yamaguchi, because only orphans that had nothing to lose, people who have been wronged or people who had parents who were members joined the Mafia.