Chapter 87: Late Birthday Present

Mavis' pov

"That's enough for today." I raised my hand, trying to catch my breath while leaning against the wall. Even though I refused to train when I was younger, I loved to train. I liked the burn and how my body always ached after a hard training. But now? Now I can't even run 5 miles without collapsing. It's not the same anymore.

"You should come over more to train." Kyoko offered, taking off her gloves and folding them neatly together. "You got out of shape."

"Really?" I rolled my eyes. "Didn't notice." She eyed me, then smiled widely. Kyoko walked towards me with little jumps, slinging her arm over my shoulder and giving me a side hug. "Come on." She pulled me with her, towards the stairs. Instead of going up, we went down, to the training grounds for the newbies.

I heard grunts and punches when we were nearly at the open doors. Someone screamed shortly, and when I looked inside the room, I saw a girl sitting on the floor with her hands to her cheek, looking up at a girl angrily.

"Get up." The new trainer had his arms folded in front of his chest, watching from the corner everything unfold. I remember him nearly losing his hands because he messed with the wrong kind of people. Just before I took him under my wing.

"You are not supposed to use your quirk!" The girl on the ground has tears in her eyes now, standing up immediately when the girl, towering over her, started to laugh. They are chest to chest, having a staring contest. Her cheek was bleeding pretty badly. It looked like a cat had scratched her, but her wounds were too deep to be from a cat. These will leave nasty scars.

"Who said that? The teacher sure as hell didn't."

The others were watching instead of continuing to train. I sighed. As if I'm in a kindergarten.

I looked over to Kyoko, but it seemed like she wanted to watch as much as the others, and I knew in that moment, that I would have to watch this shit show.

The girl bleeding had nearly no color on her skin. She is the whitest person I've ever seen. You can see her veins inside her body from over here. I thought she would start crying any moment, but she smiled all of a sudden. As if the girl walked into a trap. With her blood smeared hand, she touched the other girl's skin.

"What the fuck? You freak!" She tried to look down and see the blood, but it was smeared on her collarbone and throat.

"Fuck you." The jellyfish girl said, smiling more when the other girl started screaming. My eyes grew wide. Her skin is melting where the girl smeared her blood on. After a moment her screaming turning into a silent one, then started to try and touch her throat.

I shot my hands up, one to control her blood cells damaged by something that felt acid like, and the other one manipulating water out of air and trying to get the other girl's blood off of her.

The girl fell down with a loud thud. "Call Hideyoshi!" I commanded to Kyoko, and she started fast walking out of the room.

I let my hands fall down my sides and walked to the girl on the ground, kneeling besides her. "Who are you?" The girl who's skin looks like that of a jellyfish asked rudely, as if I was interrupting something I shouldn't. 

The girl who collapsed was still breathing, but her skin and some of her flesh is melted away. If it wasn't for me, the blood could have reached her heart in mere seconds. I held on to her blood cells till Hideyoshi arrived.