Prologue

Mavis' pov

It's been nine years since the fateful day where my life turned upside down.. funny how time works, my parents died from a villain attack in a mall, exact 9 years ago. They went to the mall because I really wanted this one doll that everyone had. Because of me, they died. If I just  hadn't started crying when they said they would buy it the next day, they would be by my side now, and I wouldn't have had been through such things.

I really was a spoiled brat. They where caring parents, everyone loved them. We lived in a peaceful neighborhood, where everyone knew each other. I had a nice childhood till it lasted.

After that day, I was sent to a foster family. Ohhh how they hated me. I was only six but they overworked me with training, they were power hungry people. After they knew about my quirks, they started with everything. At first they seemed to be nice people, that's why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

5 years that after, that felt like centuries of abuse and constant training, I ran away.

Not to forget the bullying in elementary school because my quirks are so 'villainous'; that's why I told people in middle school that I was quirkless. Don't get me wrong, I was still getting bullied because I was 'quirkless', but it wasn't that extreme like it was in elementary school. 

Funny if you ask me, what little children do just because they don't like someone's quirk. How they can be so develish in mere than seconds. That's why I hate children. Not only children but all humans. The adults knew how I was being treated but did nothing against it.

After I ran 2 cities away from my foster family with only 206834 yen (2000$) that I 'borrowed' from my foster dad -who worked in a hero agency as something like the costume maker or some shit- some necessities like 3 pair of sweatpants and shirts, toiletries, some food and a picture with me and my parents, they called the cops and told them that I was missing.

I needed to go as far away as possible from them and ended up in musutafu, japan. There, I started a new life. I could only afford with the rest of the money that I had a flat, but needed to find a job anyways because it wouldn't have lasted long. I went to a public school where I pretended to be quirkless and found a job as a cleaning woman. That was the only job where they didn't give a shit if I was just a girl who went to middle school or not.

When I was 13, I started going out in the evening as a vigilante, you may ask 'why?'. Let me tell you; it was the time where a group of guys, who called themselves some lame name that I didn't bother to remember, liked to terrorize young girls in the evenings and sold some drugs. 

It was one evening that I came late out from work and made my way to my house when the group of guys stopped me. I may add that my day was crappy, I just wanted to punch someone and as if the gods heard my prayers, they came in my way.

After we went to an alleyway when I told them I would show them something, I beat the shit out of them and took their money because I was broke. That's when I realized how good it felt to beat someone and use my quirk on them, so I sticked with beating villains and let the heroes do the rest with bringing them to the police. Of course I wasn't there every time when the heroes came, because they would have taken me with them if they knew what I did, because using your quirk in public is against the laws.

In the last 2 years I made myself a name as a vigilante; RP initials for Reaper.
I left my initials everywhere where I left the criminals that I finished. The villains don't like me, some even fear me, and the heroes don't like me either because I cause too much trouble. But what can I say? Fuck this law if you heroes can't even do your job right!

Every time I go hunting for new villains I have black clothes on like black sweatpants and a hoodie with a black mask and black sneakers.
Just because I don't want someone to know who I really am and I like it comfy. The shadows would do the job in hiding me.

785 words