Chapter 54: Arguing

Mavis' pov

"Haven't I told you that I don't want to be a part of that?" Hawks ran a hand trough his hair and stopped going back and forth in my dorm. We went inside when I knew we would have a long talk. The heroes stalking me didn't help in this situation. I closed my curtains the first moment I got inside my dorm. I don't need them trying to read our lips, too.

The faces from my classmates as we passed them were kind of annoying. Pissed me off actually when I thought about it.

If I wouldn't know better, I would have thought that they would be listening behind my door our conversation. If the stare that I gave them while passing didn't bring the massage and wasn't enough, Hawks' feathers would do the job outside the door.

We are talking about his secret mission after all. "Working with the HPSC would help you in your future as a pro hero."

"That's one of the things; I don't want to play hero! I'm here so I can get my license and use my quirks in public." He crossed his arms over his chest and gave me a pointed look. "You already have your license."

I lifted my right hand up for him to see. "I am chained here." The bracelet dangled around my wrist. The only good thing about it is that it looks cute. But it can't help the emptiness that I feel because of it.

"I already told her about you months ago. She wants to see you in person. Talk to you to get you on our side.-"

"-You don't get it, do you? I am on my side, and my side only." He touched his face with both his hands and sighed loudly. Taking a seat on my bed, besides me. "Just talk to her once. I will never bother you again about this." He took both my hands in his and made me face him completely. "I didn't wanted you to get in this involved from the start. But when I started to visit you more often, they found out about you..." He trailed off.

Before I could say anything, he tensed up and let go of my hands. "It's rude to sneak around and try to eavesdrop, kids." He said, looking to his left side and sending a feather to open my door. First I saw Deku, looking with wide eyes to me. Behind him were Mina, Denki, Tokoyami and Iida. "I am truly sorry, Hawks and Mavis. Tokoyami and I tried to get them back, but failed." Iida bowed with a stern look, and Denki scratched the back of his head. "Mina said you guys would be lovers-"

"I don't want to hear your excuse, Denki. All of you; get lost." He widened his eyes but said nothing. I really thought that the look that I gave them- back in the hall- showed them that it was something serious and that no one should even try to speak with me or Hawks. Or even dare to eavesdrop. But oh boy, was I wrong. This class is full of brainless children.

Hawks sighed besides me and stood up. His feathers retreating back to his wings. "It's ok, I'm done here anyways." He said and I stood up from my bed. "But I'm not." He fixed his jacket and made his way to open my balcony door. "I'll come back tomorrow and take you with me to them."

"The hell you will!" I ignored the others who were still standing in front of my door. Looking out of place, awkward silence between them all. "Mavis, just do this once for me. I won't ask you for more. Just talk to her." I opened my mouth to say something, but closed it after he turned around.

He looked at me pleadingly. Behind his eyes he was tired to no end. A grunt left my throat and he gave me a look where I could read out regret? He left me alone after that, alone with those idiots that don't have a life. I turned around and pinned them with a stern stare. They wanted to excuse themselves, to tell me why they were here or just say sorry for interrupting. But I raised my hand.

Shutting them all down. "Did you guys like the show? Bet it was nothing what you expected." Deku opened his mouth to say something, but I was faster. "Save it. I don't want to hear why you guys sticked your noses in my fucking business. Just get lost and shut your mouth about it."

I pinned Deku with a stare. "Do I need to say it twice for you, Deku?" He shook his head.

"Well, but it looks like I need to repeat myself for the third time. Get. Lost." They walked fast away as I closed my door with force.

'Great.'

824 words